QB trades the reality of it.

czman

Liked Posts:
At first I did not like the trade at all. Having some time to think about it, well I am completely ok with it and here is why. If Mitch Trubisky ends up as a really or top tier Qb giving up two 3rds and a 4rth is not a lot of compensation. The fact is if he ends up as good as Drew Brees, for example, the extra picks won't matter at all.

If he sucks and is a complete failure, well the Bears are set back another 4+ years anyway so those couple extra players won't matter. Pace and whoever the coaching staff are will be gone and the entire team will back into rebuild mode.

This is the Bears play. If it works out, they did not pay to much. If it doesn't well the Bears would be basically in the same place over the next half decade if they would have gotten him at 3. No one will ever know for wure if they had to trade up to get him. They felt they did. Trubisky's play is all that really matters.

The first round probably could not have gone any worse for the Bears, as it pertains to their QB selection. Like it or not Trubisky will be compared to the other QBs in this draft.

Watson and Mahomes fell to just about perfect situations for them.

Mahomes is in just about the best situation any QB could fall into. He has an established professional QB to sit behind for 1-2 years. He has a great coach for getting the most out an offense in Reid. He has playoff caliber team around him in a city that has little football success. If Mahomes can't succeed there, he can't succeed anywhere.

Watson with his just win moniker went to a team that wins 9+ games with a mop a QB. He will probably sit at least some of the year. Even if Watson is below average the Texans can win 10 games a year for the next 3 years. If he is average they could go t an AFC championship game.

Both Mahomes and Watson are probably very likely to succeed than Trubisky. That is a really bad situation since the second guessers will be talking about how much better the Bears would have been with QB Watson/Mahomes. This draft has a very high likelihood of being the end of Pace and complete meltdown of a lot of Bears fans.

Will probably kind of fun to watch in the beginning, but also will get really old.

czman

Liked Posts:
I guess I should have put the word "official", called someone stupid, or stated something completely asinine if I wanted a response.

Seems legit.