Quick Fix: Lineup Tweak that might just help?

cool007

Liked Posts:
Okay, up until last year, whenever Bulls would go on a losing streak or start losing many games, Bulls usually tried a lineup change - sometime just for the sake of it.

But this time, the way we have been playing, I am surprised we din't make the *I shouldn't say Correct* but better suited lineup change.

IMO, the best way to re-up the value of both Hinrich and Salmons is to:

Bring Hinrich back to the starting lineup.
Slide Salmons to his NATURAL Small Forward position.
Slide Deng to PF.

Rose
Hinrich
Salmons
Deng
Noah.

Run pick and rolls with Deng instead of Noah and not at the top of the key either. Just little bit (1-2 feet inside the 3pt line) and let Rose/Deng take it apart - either Rose going to the hoop, finding Deng or Hinrich and Salmons for open 3.

This lineup will give us better spacing and we will be running a lot more. Now bring in Miller/Taj/JJ off the bench with some energy.

Then Run Run and Run. We need an uptempo offense right now.

Either vinny needs to follow what I said above or Bulls need to fire him and bring in a new voice that can do the above and watch us all-of-a-sudden play MUCH better with more confidence.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
doesnt sound like a terrible idea, but the lakers front court would pulverize a front court like that. gasol would run drills on deng.

but against any other frontcourt that isnt stacked like the lakers, id say its worth a try at this point

cool007

Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:
doesnt sound like a terrible idea, but the lakers front court would pulverize a front court like that. gasol would run drills on deng.

but against any other frontcourt that isnt stacked like the lakers, id say its worth a try at this point

Does it matter? Lakers frontcourt would destroy us either way whether you have Taj/Miller playing in there instead. Remember what they did few weeks back?

On the other hand, Gasol would have to come out and guard Deng to the perimeter - which would open up the floor for others.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i'd leave noah near the basket more often. also try to let deng have more cuts towards the basket. i'd try to run a system where deng is constantly moving and near the basket and i'd hope that derrick rose somehome manages to create his own shot in the process.