Rapaport: Mitch Unlikely to Return

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
NFL Network this morning. Unlikely to return without a deep playoff run.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This tells me more about the security of Nagy and Pace than anything about Mitch. Had he played well last week and this one, I thought they'd do whatever required to keep he but he played even worse than his meh rating last week. I'll be thrilled to see them move on but I doubt any reporter has any real info regarding it.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Best news of the day.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Meh, unless Nagy, Pagano, and, to a lesser degree, Pace are included, who gives a fuck. They will suck ass anyway.

If I was Mitch I wouldn't WANT to come back.

And are they planning on just letting Pace/Nagy try to chose/develop another QB or what? Good luck with that.

Dark days ahead if so. We'll be feeling this exact same way same time next year.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Is there another specific quote of what Rappaport said, or is this a personal interpretation of his words. From listening to this clip, he us just stating observations that his 5th year was declined and he was previously benched.

He also stated Trubisky has alot to prove and the Bears are not certain about his future or not set on him. That is different than saying he is unlikely to return.

Likely it just means that Trubisky is set to hit the free market and the Bears only value him so high. If the price is to high, they likely move on.. But in reality, they probably still value him more than any other team and will resign him.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
My pillow guy is telling me not to worry and we're going to be signing him to a 4 year extension.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jerk Meme GIFs | Tenor

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Foles is better suited to playing 2 hand touch at this point in his career. I hope the Bears can draft a QB. Even if he’s the next gun slinger interception machine, it will be more entertaining than Trubisky.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is there another specific quote of what Rappaport said, or is this a personal interpretation of his words. From listening to this clip, he us just stating observations that his 5th year was declined and he was previously benched.

He also stated Trubisky has alot to prove and the Bears are not certain about his future or not set on him. That is different than saying he is unlikely to return.

Likely it just means that Trubisky is set to hit the free market and the Bears only value him so high. If the price is to high, they likely move on.. But in reality, they probably still value him more than any other team and will resign him.

Read the caption by Rapoport in the video clip

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
As others have said, I don’t think Mitch will want to come back, even if Pace offered him a short-term deal. A lot of teams need a QB. If he doesn’t come back, expect Pace to trade up for another one if he isn’t fired. If they roll with Foles next year and win 3-5 games, he would be gone for sure.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Read the caption by Rapoport in the video clip

"He has alot to prove to be Chicago's QB of the future. It starts today."

That's the same observation that everyone has known. Its not a revalation. Trubisky has to prove himself against good teams....duh. it doesn't mean he is unlikely to return. That is a different statement, insinuating if Mitch, barring a miraculous playoff performance, isn't coming back. I highly doubt that is the case and not what

How he plays today will dictate his value. He is probably fetching a 8-10 mil contract or less. If he plays well maybe he is bud up higher. I highly doubt though in any circumstance any team will value Mitch more than Chicago. And with the way Mitch has closed out the season, regardless how today goes, you don't walk away if the value is right.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I agree that if Mitch is willing to come back at a discount we should consider bringing him back. If the alternative is a Nick Foles or Mike Glennon type then just stick with Mitch if the price is right. The advantage Mitch has is youth and the slim possibility that things might start clicking for him. This is not an addition by subtraction situation for the Bears; the only way Bears are getting a better QB in here is if they have a high lottery pick. Which they don't.