Reason to be pessimistic

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me think about it for a few moments......................................................................................not buying it.

lol, well at least you made me laugh

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me think about it for a few moments......................................................................................not buying it.

So, I'm curious...what would it take for you to:

A. Support this team
B. Say they were a good/great team
C. Be an optimist
D. Cheer them on

Fire Pace? Winning record? Playoffs? Super Bowl? Seriously. I know the Bears have been a mess, for quite some time, you're not wrong. They have been disappointing, have had some really bad draft picks, have paid good money for some bad players. Even Grossman getting us to the SB was smoke and mirrors. We haven't put it ALL together in a LONG time.

What would it take?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one thing I am worried about is Smith. I don't think he should play much in this game. He may be a giften athlete, but that is THE matchup Rogers and Graham will attempt to exploit if it's available.

The rest arent as much issues as possible concerns...

I agree that he is the one person that I am not so sure about. It isn't that he isn't talented, he is. But he hasn't played a snap at this level and the loss of preseason snaps will make things difficult for him. The college game is different and some things he could do in college will get him flagged here. He is smart and will learn but sometimes you learn from your mistakes.

And I'd rather not have him get those lessons against the Packers. But I guess you have to learn them some time.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mack: Not out of shape.

Noshoquan "Hammy" Smith: Obviously did not only not stay in shape he is not practiced up to an NFL level with the team that drafted him. I would expect him to take at least 3 games to get up to speed if he can stay healthy.

I don't think it was physical condition that kept him off the field. It was learning the process and the defense which is a lot different from college. Most guys get weeks in training camp to learn this. He had to do it during the preseason games.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So, I'm curious...what would it take for you to:

A. Support this team
B. Say they were a good/great team
C. Be an optimist
D. Cheer them on

Fire Pace? Winning record? Playoffs? Super Bowl? Seriously. I know the Bears have been a mess, for quite some time, you're not wrong. They have been disappointing, have had some really bad draft picks, have paid good money for some bad players. Even Grossman getting us to the SB was smoke and mirrors. We haven't put it ALL together in a LONG time.

What would it take?
To sum it it: REAL progress, change and a realistic chance to move deep into the playoffs.

You have to remember that I have seen every game since 1963 and have lived with the lies and half hearted measures of the team and the media protecting them. I lived through the horror of the late 60s and 70s when the Bears were down 9-6 at halftime and didnt have a fucking chance in hell of winning. I have lived with them "cheaping out" on players and one incompetent coach after another from Abe Gibron to John Fox. I have lived through the Wanny/Jauron years where I wanted to rip my dick off. Made me sick that I cared more about them winning than the majority of the players.

So, being the 28th worst team in the NFL and picking up a great player changes nothing materially. When we go deep into the playoff let me know. After 56 years of fandom, I'm entitled to that

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
To sum it it: REAL progress, change and a realistic chance to move deep into the playoffs.

You have to remember that I have seen every game since 1963 and have lived with the lies and half hearted measures of the team and the media protecting them. I lived through the horror of the late 60s and 70s when the Bears were down 9-6 at halftime and didnt have a fucking chance in hell of winning. I have lived through the Wanny/Jauron years where I wanted to rip my dick off. I have lived with them "cheaping out" on players and one incompetent coach after another from Abe Gibron to John Fox. It made me sick that I cared more about them winning than the majority of the players.

So, being the 28th worst team in the NFL and picking up a great player changes nothing materially. When we go deep into the playoff let me know. After 56 years of fandom, I'm entitled to that

Beautiful, thanks Omelet

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You clearly have no idea what "football shape" is with that statement, and I'd hazard a guess you never actually played the game either. Working out and football shape are two very different things.

Gabriel seems to agree with me. He's got 30 years in the industry. Geez, I bet you've never played football in your life

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that he is the one person that I am not so sure about. It isn't that he isn't talented, he is. But he hasn't played a snap at this level and the loss of preseason snaps will make things difficult for him. The college game is different and some things he could do in college will get him flagged here. He is smart and will learn but sometimes you learn from your mistakes.

And I'd rather not have him get those lessons against the Packers. But I guess you have to learn them some time.
It's okay because Trevathan should last a whole game before parts of him start falling off.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

You have to remember that I have seen every game since 1963 and have lived with the lies and half hearted measures of the team and the media protecting them. I lived through the horror of the late 60s and 70s when the Bears were down 9-6 at halftime and didnt have a fucking chance in hell of winning. I have lived with them "cheaping out" on players and one incompetent coach after another from Abe Gibron to John Fox. I have lived through the Wanny/Jauron years where I wanted to rip my dick off. Made me sick that I cared more about them winning than the majority of the players.

I'm not surprised that Taco was a little fucked up growing up with a shitty attitude like you were setting. :(