who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Given that the Hawks win in OT, I do not think the call will get much play after another day or two.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Definitely a top 3 live game for myself. Could be because it just happened last night, but I think it overtakes the Predators game (Kane then Hossa goals) from a couple years ago as just one of the flat out best. Shame that the Blackhawks had to win twice, but the second one just made it that much sweeter.

Can't wait to start really looking ahead to the LA Series. Is going to be a great one and several Blackhawks are going to have to step their game up in a big way.

Handzus started to play in this series and is looking like a nice trade by Bowman. Kruger/Frolik just don't get enough recognition for what they bring game in and game out to the PK. Crawford is looking good and playing confident. Keith has been playing much better and Seabrook has stepped up a little in the last couple of games - even though the Blackhawks will need a much more consistent effort out of him in the next series.

Going to be a real fun next week or two...just hope the NHL makes those west coast games start at 8PM CST and not the usual 9/9:30 (which it looks like they have)

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I was gonna go track down all of the posts from people who declared this series dead in the water after game four. But I'm far too lazy for that.

I'll just say this: If after Game 4, there wasn't at least some part of you that was dreaming up how great it would be if the Hawks pulled off this comeback, then I really don't know why you follow sports.

Well said. There is a time to be a realist and a time to root for your team when their back is against the wall and the odds seem stacked against them. Detroit won 3 in a row in this series, so why couldn't the Blackhawks? The odds were low, but they were there - and that is all that mattered. Great series and the Blackhawks faced similar adversity versus the Preds (were about to go down 1 - 3, I believe, until the shorty by Kane and OT winner by Hossa) and it made them a stronger team because of it.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Not trying to exaggerate, but considering the timing, what was at stake, the egregiousness of the call itself (offsetting?), and how the game had been called up to that point...the disallowed goal in the waning moments of regulation has to be one of the worst calls in professional sports history. It was almost incomprehensible.

Its hard for me to come up with other instances like that in sport. The only thing that I could come up with is the USA-USSR Gold Medal game in 1972. The Packers-Seahawks hail mary was a terrible call that directly changed the outcome at the end of the game...but that was just a regular season game. The George Brett pine tar HR that was incorrectly/egregiously disallowed changed the outcome at the end of the game...but that was also just a regular season game (although a big game against the Yanks) and was also overturned. The Kings-Lakers playoff series in 2002 was terrible, but the worst calls came in Game 6 (not Game 7).

The only scenario I can come up with is if in the Niners-Ravens Super Bowl the Ravens DB mugged Crabtree, Crabtree still caught the pass for the winning TD, and the refs called offensive pass interference.

"The Kings-Lakers playoff series in 2002 was terrible, but the worst calls came in Game 6 (not Game 7)." >>>

>>>Bulls/Knicks, 1994...the 1:30 mark. A call Hollins later admitted was wrong.

[video=youtube;F4WjOUXZr7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WjOUXZr7Q[/video]

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not trying to exaggerate, but considering the timing, what was at stake, the egregiousness of the call itself (offsetting?), and how the game had been called up to that point...the disallowed goal in the waning moments of regulation has to be one of the worst calls in professional sports history. It was almost incomprehensible.

Its hard for me to come up with other instances like that in sport. The only thing that I could come up with is the USA-USSR Gold Medal game in 1972. The Packers-Seahawks hail mary was a terrible call that directly changed the outcome at the end of the game...but that was just a regular season game. The George Brett pine tar HR that was incorrectly/egregiously disallowed changed the outcome at the end of the game...but that was also just a regular season game (although a big game against the Yanks) and was also overturned. The Kings-Lakers playoff series in 2002 was terrible, but the worst calls came in Game 6 (not Game 7).

The only scenario I can come up with is if in the Niners-Ravens Super Bowl the Ravens DB mugged Crabtree, Crabtree still caught the pass for the winning TD, and the refs called offensive pass interference.

It's gotta be up there.

I guess this would technically be a "no-call" but people in Toronto are still pissed about this one:

[video=youtube;UqGFFEc6Bng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGFFEc6Bng[/video]

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;VmEtDX41qSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEtDX41qSM[/video]

Here is one that baffled everyone. Even went to review and was still allowed. Somehow there were basically 3 missed calls on this one. Penalty - Puck thrown into net - did the puck even go in?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There's always going to be the Brett Hull goal that wasn't called off. Granted, the crease rule was just stupid.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

[video=youtube;v6U19BTpPr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6U19BTpPr8[/video]

:andruw:

Wut

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I posted this earlier and after watching some of these vids....it's even more evident.

Hockey is a great game that's trapped in a horrible league........

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yep Walkom was the ref for the Raffi-Hossa incident and last night's goal...

interesting

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was gonna go track down all of the posts from people who declared this series dead in the water after game four. But I'm far too lazy for that.

I'll just say this: If after Game 4, there wasn't at least some part of you that was dreaming up how great it would be if the Hawks pulled off this comeback, then I really don't know why you follow sports.

You're exactly right. I knew they were gonna win this series after the 2nd period in game 5 and I said so at the time.

If they can win tonight (and I think they will) and tie it up in Detroit on Monday, I'm confident they will win game 7.

You don't think they can win 3 in a row? How many times have they won 3 or more in a row this season? They had to win 3 in a row a few years ago to win the Stanley Cup, and they did. They can do it again.

You could just sense that the Blackhawks had woken up at that point and were playing with more heart and urgency. (They had to.)

A lot of people here have a "Cubs fan" mentality and they just expect Chicago teams to lose. After the Bears started 7-1 last year and missed the playoffs, I think it's gotten worse. It's hard to blame them, I guess. It's easier to expect the worst than it is to hope for the best and get your hopes dashed when they come close but don't quite make it.

I'm hoping for the best. There is too much talent on this team for them not to win the Cup unless they have a string of really bad luck. Detroit was only 7 seed but they were good enough to beat a 2 seed, so you can't take anything for granted.

I'm really looking forward to this next series.

...and the one after that!

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I was hopeful after game 4 that the Hawks could pull it out, but let's all be honest, everyone at that point had to think that they were more than likely going to lose.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was hopeful after game 4 that the Hawks could pull it out, but let's all be honest, everyone at that point had to think that they were more than likely going to lose.

Yeah I was cheering for them to win too. People seem to think realism=hater.

Also, have to love the people who say, "I've been watching the Blackhawks longer than you, so your opinion is stupid" crowd. That's what people like SP1994 say. If you want to identify with them fine.

I still think they need a different voice in the room, but whatever they did in the last 3 games, whether it was Q or an assistant, or Toews, that voice was effective. I couldn't be happier to have been proven wrong.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was cheering for them to win too. People seem to think realism=hater.

Also, have to love the people who say, "I've been watching the Blackhawks longer than you, so your opinion is stupid" crowd. That's what people like SP1994 say. If you want to identify with them fine.

I still think they need a different voice in the room, but whatever they did in the last 3 games, whether it was Q or an assistant, or Toews, that voice was effective. I couldn't be happier to have been proven wrong.

During the third period of Game 6, Q stated that he didn't know what was said before the coaches got into the room. Afterwards, it was stated that Keith and Toews both gave speeches. May have been others as well.

I believe based on what I heard in the post game coverage last night that the same thing happened before the OT.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
During the third period of Game 6, Q stated that he didn't know what was said before the coaches got into the room. Afterwards, it was stated that Keith and Toews both gave speeches. May have been others as well.

I believe based on what I heard in the post game coverage last night that the same thing happened before the OT.

i guess toews said "lets win this one 3-1" or something

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
i guess toews said "lets win this one 3-1" or something

Actually, it was probably more like this...

"Lo there do I see my father;
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers;
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning;
Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever."

Then they went out and...

tumblr_mlrczwyLPi1so6huso3_400.gif

tumblr_mm1hyq0SST1r0vaewo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.