Remebering Ben Gordon......

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Hou, the point of this thread was your favorite memory of BG in a Bulls uni. Do you even have one? I'm guessing no since he's always been your punching bag when it comes to anything wrong with the team. If you do have a fond memory of his time here, I'd love to hear it. If not, then there's no need to reply.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Hou, the point of this thread was your favorite memory of BG in a Bulls uni. Do you even have one? I'm guessing no since he's always been your punching bag when it comes to anything wrong with the team. If you do have a fond memory of his time here, I'd love to hear it. If not, then there's no need to reply.

Well put Diddy. This thread is purely a thread to share a little love, for the greatest era of Bulls basketball since 1998...El Era Del Gordon. It is not a coincidence that Gordon's first year in a Bulls uniform was the Bulls first return to the playoffs and we have made it every year of Gordon's glorious tenure in Chicago, besides one. We are not here to debate Gordon's tenure, for that is over, but his spirit will live on, in all of us...forever.

I have a dream of one love and one world, where Ben Gordon supporters can unite with non supporters (the slower folk..the TIMMY'S if you will), who do not appreciate all the Gordon meant to Chicago and to the Bulls. Once we accept all that Gordon was, we can rise up against the tyrannical force that is Bulls managment and collectivly kick them in the nuts for allowing such a glorious basketball player and more importantly a glorious person, walk away...for nothing....yet we still have Kirk Hinrich.....and Tyrus Thomas......and Luol Deng.....yet we don't have Gordon....makes no sense does it?

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:

Well put Diddy. This thread is purely a thread to share a little love, for the greatest era of Bulls basketball since 1998...El Era Del Gordon. It is not a coincidence that Gordon's first year in a Bulls uniform was the Bulls first return to the playoffs and we have made it every year of Gordon's glorious tenure in Chicago, besides one. We are not here to debate Gordon's tenure, for that is over, but his spirit will live on, in all of us...forever.

I have a dream of one love and one world, where Ben Gordon supporters can unite with non supporters (the slower folk..the TIMMY'S if you will), who do not appreciate all the Gordon meant to Chicago and to the Bulls. Once we accept all that Gordon was, we can rise up against the tyrannical force that is Bulls managment and collectivly kick them in the nuts for allowing such a glorious basketball player and more importantly a glorious person, walk away...for nothing....yet we still have Kirk Hinrich.....and Tyrus Thomas......and Luol Deng.....yet we don't have Gordon....makes no sense does it?

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST!

Bringing a tear to my eye right now. Let's all gather around a fire, s'more sticks in hand, & sing "Kumbaya". This town needs a little spiritual healing.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I already gave it....have a favorite moment for each Bull on the team just about it....Got my favorite Elton Brand moment, favorite Jalen Rose moment...just saw what I considered an outlandish statement made by a guy who is, in my opinion, a reasonably intelligent person who's opinion I respect, and I disagreed. The whole point was, there was no greatness here, let's not pretend we could have beaten a championship team if a certain player was used right, realistically, the Bulls were not contenders, ever, during the last 10 years, and overrating one player is just being delusional.

Sorry if I screwed up the memorial. Not BG's biggest fan, but rooted for him to hit every shot to complete every pass, to defend every....to hit every shot....just kidding, like any player, he let me down, and he made my day. I can actually say the same about Jordan. Not having him here will be a bit awkward, I would have felt the same about Hinrich. But it is what it is.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Oh come on now, there was no "Gordon Era". The successes of Bulls teams of the past few years (to the extent they were) was a team effort: remember building on the "Pistons model"?

Much as I think it's unfair that Gordon has often taken more than his fair share of blame for the team's failure, some of what's been written in this thread swings too far the other way. Lets not deify him now he's gone.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I take it you are being facetious?

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
I'm not gonna miss BG, because I'll be watching a fair share of Pistons games this season. As much as online streams allow, anyway. I think he's going to make that offense very potent.

Dude is just great to watch play the game.