connorsmith0719

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Hello all!

My name is Connor Smith, and I'm a graduate student at Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism. I'm writing a story revisiting Bears' first game back at Soldier Field in 2003 with the 20th anniversary approaching, and I'd love to speak with fans who were at the game, had strong opinions one way or another about the renovations at the time or were even just watching from home.

Please feel free to DM if interested or you can reach me via email at connorsmith2023@u.northwestern.edu. Thank you!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello all!

My name is Connor Smith, and I'm a graduate student at Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism. I'm writing a story revisiting Bears' first game back at Soldier Field in 2003 with the 20th anniversary approaching, and I'd love to speak with fans who were at the game, had strong opinions one way or another about the renovations at the time or were even just watching from home.

Please feel free to DM if interested or you can reach me via email at connorsmith2023@u.northwestern.edu. Thank you!
I wasn't there, but when you're done, please come back and let us know where your story is published. It sounds like a good concept.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Hello all!

I read somewhere back then that Soldier field lost it's historic status over the rebuild. One of only a few buildings to have it taken back. (True?) You might wanna double check, it was one artical many years ago.

Last edited:

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I was at the 2nd home game vs da Raiders.
Pros: Seats, proximity to field and sightlines were definite improvements.
Cons: Concessions and bathrooms were a hot mess, people were missing huge chunks of the games b/c of the long lines.