Rex Ryan gets personal with Matt Nagy attack over Mitch Trubisky treatment

msadows

Liked Posts:
"DeRp I PoSt On FoRUms aNd i CAn sAy NaGy sTinKs bUt NoT a fOrMer nFl hEaDcoAch"

They both suck, difference is rex has coached in the league for 20 years for plenty of winning teams, and his father originated one of the best defensive schemes of his time.

Meanwhile, nagy called plays for 6 games on the chiefs and got hired to be the bears coach.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy doesn't deserve this job. Just because Mitch has struggled doesn't mean he has to be a bad coach himself. The offense clearly got better when he relaxed his own play calling. He didn't understand the importance of running the ball and getting your qb out of the pocket. Clock management and challenges are still a problem. Not using the TEs correctly took forever to solve and is still questionable.

Jay2Marsh

Liked Posts:
They both suck, difference is rex has coached in the league for 20 years for plenty of winning teams, and his father originated one of the best defensive schemes of his time.

Meanwhile, nagy called plays for 6 games on the chiefs and got hired to be the bears coach.
I didn't word it so great but I was making fun of the posters on here who are saying Rex Ryan cant have an opinion because of his NFL career and yet they never had an NFL career and post opinions all the time....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i have coached youth football for a while now, when i was younger i was obsessed with play designs and trying to scheme my way to victory....i'm sure you've all heard the phrase..."it's not the X's and O's...it's the Jimmy's and Joes" I met one coach who won a hell of a lot of games and he always seemed to come from behind strong and i noticed when the other team scored how he soothed his team, he didn't yell, he told them "don't worry about it we're going to score and we're going to come back"....sometimes psychologically just the power of suggestion can help IMO....when Rex is saying Nagy is telegraphing to the team his feelings about Mitch i'm buying it....in camp at the beginning of Mitch's 2nd year...Nagy started having him practice deep balls all camp.....that should have been off season work....not fronting him in front of the team....I believe Mitch has shattered confidence....I also think it's despicable that Nagy always has to have a scapegoat....have we ever heard him say "i wish I had called a different play in that situation?" ever? The coach should always take responsibility. I'm not saying Mitch isn't potentially limited by his brain..he may not be able to process fast enough realtime, but who knows....I mean Foles called him out fairly quickly for running slow developing plays with a crap line

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rex Ryan had 1 good season and a bunch of mediocre to bad ones.

Stop making him out to be more

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Because Rex is the epitome of great coaching.

61-66 coaching record
2 winning seasons out of 8
Although his playoff record is outstanding 4-2 with 2 AFC Championship loses....
134 challenges 68-66 not bad

The jets should have made it too three AFC championship games but they had the worst GM IN HISTORY DESTROYED THE TEAM AFTER THE 2ND AFC GAME LOSS

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
doesnt negate anything rex said
Whats your head coaching record?
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR COACHING RECORD IS ( in my rock voice)
Everything rex said was spot on!
Who are you talking to

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I didn't word it so great but I was making fun of the posters on here who are saying Rex Ryan cant have an opinion because of his NFL career and yet they never had an NFL career and post opinions all the time....
Who said he can’t have an opinion? I didn’t see that one....what a schmoe

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
i have coached youth football for a while now, when i was younger i was obsessed with play designs and trying to scheme my way to victory....i'm sure you've all heard the phrase..."it's not the X's and O's...it's the Jimmy's and Joes" I met one coach who won a hell of a lot of games and he always seemed to come from behind strong and i noticed when the other team scored how he soothed his team, he didn't yell, he told them "don't worry about it we're going to score and we're going to come back"....sometimes psychologically just the power of suggestion can help IMO....when Rex is saying Nagy is telegraphing to the team his feelings about Mitch i'm buying it....in camp at the beginning of Mitch's 2nd year...Nagy started having him practice deep balls all camp.....that should have been off season work....not fronting him in front of the team....I believe Mitch has shattered confidence....I also think it's despicable that Nagy always has to have a scapegoat....have we ever heard him say "i wish I had called a different play in that situation?" ever? The coach should always take responsibility. I'm not saying Mitch isn't potentially limited by his brain..he may not be able to process fast enough realtime, but who knows....I mean Foles called him out fairly quickly for running slow developing plays with a crap line

Holy lack of indentation and for the love of all ellipses!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The offense clearly got better when he relaxed his own play calling.

Didn't help sell all of us that the period of "relaxation" and "getting better" was a stretch of games vs the Lions, Vikings, Texans and Jaguars

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rex Ryan is a blow-hard, but:

He is a good defensive coach.

His players would run through a wall for him.

He’s right.

Except for his final stint in Buffalo. Where his defense was said to be too complicated and he was relieved in very short order. Hes an overrated blowhard, with a big mouth and no accolades to back it up

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Rex’s record is out there for anyone to go over. His 2 playoff appearances in 8 seasons 2 winning season in 8 seasons means he is hall of fame worthy. After his first 2 seasons he made the playoffs exactly zero more times going 41- 44 and never having another winning season. Not the route we want to go with Matt

Exactly and IMO this coming from Mark Sanchez who is feeding him this Mitch can be great if not for the coaches BS.