Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Damn. RIP Marty.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
So he always lost in the playoffs despite having tons of talent; home field etc .... and you hypocrites go ape shiet on Nagy whos been in the playoffs 2/3 years with similar results despite not having a top 10 Qb..... this board.... just because the guy died does not suddenly make him a good coach.... as a human being or at the humanity level it sucks and we all hope his soul rests in peace etc but the great football coach comments are hilarious

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
RIP Marty.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
RIP....as Va(Virginia)Bears fan I will remember him for winning the UFL championship with the Virginia Destroyers

Monster

Liked Posts:
Damn... time goes by fast...
Great coach... a bit to.conservative in big games.
RIP Coach!

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RIP Coach. You were one of greats.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is remembered for being fired after a 15-1 season.

Even the 86 Bears failed to finish a championship out. I never felt growing up watching Marty's teams that he lost for one particular reason every year. I mean did he get blown out of a game and not give his team a chance to win?

It was like dropped passes, missed interceptions, players failing to execute that had been all season. He was a dominant coach at times. All those teams that fired him got worse instead of better trying to get over the hump by ousting him.

Like Andy Reid, sometimes you have to keep sustaining high chance rolls until it clicks. I'm pretty shocked the Chiefs couldn't adjust to some different tactics and got out coached. We forgot quickly Andy Reid has been out coached before and is stubborn as hell. Like a three point shooting team is gonna live or die his way, the way they've been doing it even though the Bucs figured something out.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I didn't get to see this game, was at the Bears/Seahawks game and all the various things that go along with going to games. Schottenheimer made a mistake going for it on 4th & 11 instead of trying for field goal. I guess they didn't capitalize on 3 Brady interceptions either. I forgot how epic Tomlinson was, especially that year.

I likewise missed the AFC championship that year cause I moved to another house and there was no cable there yet. I just went home after the Bears game ended. "watched" it on the box score gimmick. I was pretty thoroughly disappointed the Chargers didn't win that game or the AFC championship the next year.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
So he always lost in the playoffs despite having tons of talent; home field etc .... and you hypocrites go ape shiet on Nagy whos been in the playoffs 2/3 years with similar results despite not having a top 10 Qb..... this board.... just because the guy died does not suddenly make him a good coach.... as a human being or at the humanity level it sucks and we all hope his soul rests in peace etc but the great football coach comments are hilarious
Nagy is nowhere near the couch Marty was ! Marty’s assistant coaches never jump ship just to distance themselves from him !

mecha

Liked Posts:
he got a lot more out of less.
Nagy gets a lot less out of more.

(this is kind of a joke, but not worthy of green text)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't get to see this game, was at the Bears/Seahawks game and all the various things that go along with going to games. Schottenheimer made a mistake going for it on 4th & 11 instead of trying for field goal. I guess they didn't capitalize on 3 Brady interceptions either. I forgot how epic Tomlinson was, especially that year.

I totally forgot about the 4th & 11 from the 30 play. So dumb. That's not good coaching imo. That's something that Nagy would do.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I totally forgot about the 4th & 11 from the 30 play. So dumb. That's not good coaching imo. That's something that Nagy would do.

the guy fumbling the interception at the end when he was told NOT TO TRY AND RUN IT BACK AND JUST GO TO THE GROUND is what broke the game. Patriots defense was strong that year, I wouldn't attempt that 4th & 11 even if it's like early in the game and you have the lead. those field goals have jazzed up a lot of teams in the playoffs. lol