RIP Tim Sassone

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Holy Cow Awful news! I am seeing on twitter than he has passed, will find an article.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hes had really bad health problems last couple of years.

Glad he is no longer suffering.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="224128" data-time="1395766968">
<div>

Hes had really bad health problems last couple of years.

Glad he is no longer suffering.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I had no clue, didn't see much drop off in his work quality wise, but I guess I did notice quantity. I haven't seen anything posted about the reason but I assumed it was health related. My heart goes out to his family. He's missed already and you can see from his mentions on twitter that he was well liked. Strange to do a search and see his tweet from Friday come up about TT.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea he missed a few months last year. It was never said publically what the actual issue was. It was kept very quiet apparently.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="224130" data-time="1395767443">
<div>

Yea he missed a few months last year. It was never said publically what the actual issue was. It was kept very quiet apparently.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I'm all for it actually in this day an age. Folks deserve there privacy. Man, I was not expecting this today. I didn't know the man, and have never met him, but I always enjoyed what he wrote and how he wrote. Big loss for a lot of reasons today.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Even though I wasn't a big reader of his columns due to not getting his paper gotta appreciate all of the work he did covering our favorite team. </p>

</p>

Two Cup victories at the end, any beat writer for 25+ years will take that right? I've had family members live full lifetimes never seeing a Cubs championship, and they are just fans. Can't imagine how invested in the team he was...</p>

</p>

RIP</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As I said in the GDT...RIP Sassone.  This has not been a good week thus far for deaths.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huge bummer. He was one of the few that kept on the Hawks beat during the bad years and even in the good years one of the few that knew what he was talking about.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, I just mentioned him earlier this morning as doing admirable work covering the Blackhawks.   He will be missed.   RIP</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The moment of silence was a nice touch for someone who kept many of fans interested during the toughest of years.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224245" data-time="1395806980">
<div>

The moment of silence was a nice touch for someone who kept many of fans interested during the toughest of years.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah fit right in with all of the moments of silence they gave him when he didn't toe the company line and actually tried to ask tough questions.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Sassone was a great writer, and a helluva guy. He had time for everyone from budding writers to lowly bloggers.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224328" data-time="1395851946">
<div>

God bless you, Tim Sassone</p>

http://theaposition.com/herbgould/golf/personalities/916/god-bless-you-tim-sassone</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Great article!  Thanks for sharing.</p>

</p>

Tim was always the one I would turn to about the Hawks.  All the other reports just don't get hockey and were to busy with the Bulls during the 90's.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="224513" data-time="1395964626">
<div>

Awesome article about a genuine reporter.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, when I read it I had to post... I'm going to Montreal next weekend, I'm going to find said Deli... Probably Schwartz.</p>