Robinson not signing tag.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think he's waiting to see what happens with yhe QB situation. Id say if we don't sign someone decent he will be trying to get traded or released. Id say he should be a priority signing, or draft day trade bait.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So far just rumors. With the FA WR market being what it is due to the cap restraints this offseason, I don't think that would be very wise. Take the money and have what will likely be a much more favorable situation in a year from now.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Maybe he knows he's gonna be tagged and traded?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's waiting to see what happens with yhe QB situation. Id say if we don't sign someone decent he will be trying to get traded or released. Id say he should be a priority signing, or draft day trade bait.
You can't trade him if he hasn't signed the tag.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is nothing out of the ordinary and doesn’t really mean anything. AR will be a process that may take months to resolve.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You can't trade him if he hasn't signed the tag.

If he's getting traded to a team that wants to sign him long term he'll sign the tag to get his multi-year contract

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He wants a contract not a tag.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
So far just rumors. With the FA WR market being what it is due to the cap restraints this offseason, I don't think that would be very wise. Take the money and have what will likely be a much more favorable situation in a year from now.

My take? If he doesn't sign the tag in two weeks and agree to talk extension, I let him walk and start looking over the FA WRs, and try to get one in the first three rounds, along with a pair of OTs. For the price of the tag, I could get two that would make that room better in the aggregate.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is fairly standard. He won't have to work out or show up to mini camps.

He may also want the Bears to keep negotiating.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is how the tag works. He isn’t going to sign until he has no choice nor should he.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
My take? If he doesn't sign the tag in two weeks and agree to talk extension, I let him walk and start looking over the FA WRs, and try to get one in the first three rounds, along with a pair of OTs. For the price of the tag, I could get two that would make that room better in the aggregate.

Nah...I dont think Arob is the type to sit out a season. He is too much of a competitor and teammate to do that. At the end of the day this dude still wants to put up stats and play football. He will play under the tag..

Keep him and continue to try and make a big splash at QB. Be patient. If we get a high caliber player like Wilson, I think Arob suits up and gets on board. Go cheap and bring back Mitch or late 1st/2nd rd rookie then you will have to pony up and beg Arob to play. Either way you don't let him walk.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If he's getting traded to a team that wants to sign him long term he'll sign the tag to get his multi-year contract
Exactly. And this is probably what is going to happen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hads until July to sign lol