Roethlisberger backs Cutler

fade

Liked Posts:
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger tells Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler to 'keep his head up' - ESPN Chicago

"Well I don't know Jay very well but I would just tell him to just keep your head up," Roethlisberger said. "You know your body, you know what you're going through, you know all those things. People are going to attack you for whatever reason if he's hurt or not. I think he just needs to keep his head up and stay focused on what he needs to do to get healthy and get ready for another season because that's all he can do is to get ready for the next day and the next season."

"We talk so much about a fraternity, and especially quarterbacks, I don't think I ever have or I ever will talk negatively about a quarterback, just because you know what you go through and you know what they go through," Roethlisberger said. "So you kind of expect NFL players to feel the same way in general, but everyone is opinionated and you're allowed to have that opinion in this country, and that's what is awesome about the country. That's why I won't say anything about Jay because he's a quarterback and I know what he's going through and it's tough. Especially in a city that is passionate about sports, which Chicago obviously is, very passionate."

Good for BigBen to back up Cutler. Even though I dont like the guy, he can definitely relate to the public backlash Cutler got.

Maurice Jones-Drew on ESPN about his Cutler Tweet
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6083147

Last edited:

WearShades

Liked Posts:
I don't know that the general public interprets a Ben Roethlisberger display of support as a good thing.

Can this Cutler story just be dead already?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dig the fact that we're still talking about Cutler...for several reasons.

1st and foremost, it keeps us in the news...it gives our players something to rally around for next season.

2ndly, it just shows how idiotic nat'l media is...as well as current and former players. "Derrrr, I played with a knee bruise all seasonz1!" a qB couldn't plant his foot to throw the ball, if you've never played the position, don't comment on it. Also, if you're WATCHING a team play a month after your season ended, quit being such a bitch...

3rdly, I love the Bears. If I hear about them, I listen. It's freaking awesome.

sorry, I'm drunk.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I like X-factor.