RoJo Will Get Most RB Snaps by 2nd Half of 2023

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
This game tape that I watched from 2021, one of RoJo's few starts, highlights everything that he can do at a high level; Great acceleration, ability to make defenders miss, great contact balance, good vision, awareness, serious power running and ability to carry a pile of tacklers, stonewall blitzers and push DBs downfield for 10 yards, catch passes out of the backfield and make it look natural.

We all saw last year even when Herbert seemed to be breaking off chunk runs on every other play, they continued to give Montgomery the most carries. They seemed to like to pound the ball even though most fans wanted more Herbert. (Herbert's suspect pass blocking obviously played a roll but we were a running team first and foremost). Enter Foreman who is a big back who can wear the D down and can also take it to the house. I think he had the opportunity to see as many carries as Herbert this year..

Then Roschon fell in their laps and he was too good to pass up. He is so dynamic they might have a hard time keeping him off the field. At the least in the first half of the season I think we will see a lot more 2 RB sets as RoJo, outside of his rushing skills, can block like a FB and is a pretty good route runner and receiver, giving them a lot of flexibility when he is on the field. Him and either Herbert or Foreman in the backfield together offer a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who would you say is a similar back right now as RoJo?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This game tape that I watched from 2021, one of RoJo's few starts, highlights everything that he can do at a high level; Great acceleration, ability to make defenders miss, great contact balance, good vision, awareness, serious power running and ability to carry a pile of tacklers, stonewall blitzers and push DBs downfield for 10 yards, catch passes out of the backfield and make it look natural.

We all saw last year even when Herbert seemed to be breaking off chunk runs on every other play, they continued to give Montgomery the most carries. They seemed to like to pound the ball even though most fans wanted more Herbert. (Herbert's suspect pass blocking obviously played a roll but we were a running team first and foremost). Enter Foreman who is a big back who can wear the D down and can also take it to the house. I think he had the opportunity to see as many carries as Herbert this year..

Then Roschon fell in their laps and he was too good to pass up. He is so dynamic they might have a hard time keeping him off the field. At the least in the first half of the season I think we will see a lot more 2 RB sets as RoJo, outside of his rushing skills, can block like a FB and is a pretty good route runner and receiver, giving them a lot of flexibility when he is on the field. Him and either Herbert or Foreman in the backfield together offer a lot of possibilities.

He was an All American HS QB. He looks so smooth running the wildcat. He’s definitely powerful and has good vision too.

He’ll add some interesting wrinkles to the Bear offense.

The RB room is pretty damn good. Herbert has shown some nice flashes. Foreman can be a beast when he gets rolling. He absolutely torched the Lions last year and led the Panthers to that win. Homer is a real solid special teams guy and is a good receiving RB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who would you say is a similar back right now as RoJo?
Montgomery

Can block, isn't super elusive, has a good first move, physical.

I don't think he will be as good a runner as Montgomery unless he develops a jump cut. Jump cuts aren't a cureall for running but they can help get a couple extra yards

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am close to Austin and certainly like Roschon Johnson, but Khalil Herbert averaged 5.7 yards a carry last year. That's not an easy out.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Great post, well written and detailed, hope it happens. Thanks

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am close to Austin and certainly like Roschon Johnson, but Khalil Herbert averaged 5.7 yards a carry last year. That's not an easy out.

This time last year, I was saying the same as the OP about Herbert. I still like Herbert a lot, but he was brutal in pass protection. He will never takeover this backfield without drastic improvement there. Getsy won't even keep a receiver that can't block, let alone a late round RB.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This time last year, I was saying the same as the OP about Herbert. I still like Herbert a lot, but he was brutal in pass protection. He will never takeover this backfield without drastic improvement there. Getsy won't even keep a receiver that can't block, let alone a late round RB.
Hmm you have a point there.