Roquan Smith snubbed in All Pro Voting

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But a stretch none the less. And I know for fact all of the players who deserve such a distinction over Mack are not enjoying near the financial benefits Mack gets. Like it or not getting all-pro status makes a big difference at the negotiating table.
Yeh so Roquan should be real pissed about his snub.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares. You get paid to pressure and sack the qb.

Mack has 30 pressures, floyd has 28 pressures.

Thats all that matters.

This is bullshit and you know it. First Mack has 57 pressures and Floyd has 45. Second, you are so full of shit and this is typical of you. When you were on Mack's jock, his getting double teamed was important. Now that you are trying to hate on him, his getting double teamed doesn't matter.

In any event, I will bow out now as it is clear you are just trolling by changing you position on the importance of a defending drawing double teams.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Hicks after that injury during the Vikings game hasn't been the same since not having a true NT and Paganaos soft coverages allowing opposing offenses to get the ball out early has really hurt the defense. How do you expect these guys to get pressure when Paganos scheme is allowing easy quick open passes leading to first downs.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
He had the same amount of pressures in 2019 as he did in 2018. He just didn't finish for sacks.

Eddie Jackson had a 57.0 passer rating against in 2019. Arguably his best in pure pass coverage when you factor in how few INT's he had(1). Fangio was DC last time I check that year. This year it was 110. Basically doubled.

Buster skrine gave up a 91.8 passer rating against in 2019. This year? 125.

Eddie Goldman is out.

Robert quinn has 16 pressures this year, Floyd had 26 last year and everyone thought he was terribad.

JJ is playing about as well as Prince did last year. He's a rook, so I can't harp on him.

Lets not even start with Danny T.....

Yea, pagano is not anywhere near the playcaller or coach Fangio is, but the drastic decrease in play on this defense is an issue this year. All those players played well last year.

you have to admit that some of the current defensive play calling and alignment is mind boggling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He certainly did not deserve all-pro. I do not see how that is really debatable if you have watched all the Bears games this year. Just watch Mack compared to his peers that the Bears have faced.

It is debatable because the advanced metrics disagree with you.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeh so Roquan should be real pissed about his snub.
I dont believe he was snubbed. Fred Warner, Bobby Wagner and Darius Leonard are all better than him. Leonard and Warner particularly.

msadows

Liked Posts:
you have to admit that some of the current defensive play calling and alignment is mind boggling.

Some of the playcalls are not good, agreed, but this team can't even play a vanilla D and succeed, so idk what you want.

Like I said, people are blaming pagano, when the core problem of this defense is the actual players. Is pagano doing a great job? No. Does he deserve to be fired? Sure. Do I think it will be any better next year? Doubtful.

This team won't improve any time soon on defense until they learn how to rush the passer with only 4 players. They went from the 2nd best pass rush in 2018, while blitzing rarely, to going to a very very mediocre at best pass rush in 2020.

Can you blame the DC? Sure, but I choose to blame the guys making millions that we paid for prior performance that have drastically underplayed their contracts.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont believe he was snubbed. Fred Warner, Bobby Wagner and Darius Leonard are all better than him. Leonard and Warner particularly.
Not according to stats.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont need statistics or advanced metrics because I actually watch the games.

I am pretty sure you don't watch all 16 games of all players in the league so that is a pretty dumb take. This is a relative award so merely watching the Bears and a couple games of other teams doesn't give you enough information to objectively decide who is better.

I love the ego of meatball Bears fans who think their watching the games is somehow superior to the players, coaches and sportwriters watching playing, coaching and watching the games who say Mack is a Pro Bowler and All Pro.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Some of the playcalls are not good, agreed, but this team can't even play a vanilla D and succeed, so idk what you want.

Like I said, people are blaming pagano, when the core problem of this defense is the actual players. Is pagano doing a great job? No. Does he deserve to be fired? Sure. Do I think it will be any better next year? Doubtful.

This team won't improve any time soon on defense until they learn how to rush the passer with only 4 players. They went from the 2nd best pass rush in 2018, while blitzing rarely, to going to a very very mediocre at best pass rush in 2020.

Can you blame the DC? Sure, but I choose to blame the guys making millions that we paid for prior performance that have drastically underplayed their contracts.
Why would they be more likely to be successful in a "vanilla" defense? Simple defenses are easier to shred and that is exactly the problem with Pagano. His defenses are easy to read and pick apart. Fangio created more pressure with 4 because he does a better job disguising his coverage, using stunts, and hiding who will actually be coming after the qb.

Pagano is clueless with all of this. He does nothing to help the pass rush or the secondary. Him getting exotic created a situation still rushing 4 with a slot corner being one of them, trevathan covering the fastest receiver, and a 330 lb dt dropping into coverage. Pagano is likely one of the worst DC's in the league. The talent is the only reason their numbers look solid these last 2 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would they be more likely to be successful in a "vanilla" defense? Simple defenses are easier to shred and that is exactly the problem with Pagano. His defenses are easy to read and pick apart. Fangio created more pressure with 4 because he does a better job disguising his coverage, using stunts, and hiding who will actually be coming after the qb.

Pagano is clueless with all of this. He does nothing to help the pass rush or the secondary. Him getting exotic created a situation still rushing 4 with a slot corner being one of them, trevathan covering the fastest receiver, and a 330 lb dt dropping into coverage. Pagano is likely one of the worst DC's in the league. The talent is the only reason their numbers look solid these last 2 years.

Yes huge difference rushing 4 when the O is confused which 4 versus what Pagano does which is rush 4 where O knows exactly who is coming.

Someone posted something with Rodgers laughing about how easy it was for him to diagnose the D on that MVS TD.