CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is one year that the back end of the roster does not need to celebrate. I see the Bears adding a punt returner (WR), pass rusher, OL and maybe even an additional secondary spot following cut down day. At least 3 waiver additions.

Cuts:

PJ Walker
Alex Leatherwood
Gabe Houy (injured)
Logan Stenberg
Bravvion Roy
Kellen Diesch
Bobby Haskins
Michael Ojemudia
Andrew Brown
Davion Taylor
Lackland Pitts
D'Anthony Jones
Nsimba Webster
Barrington Wade

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This is one year that the back end of the roster does not need to celebrate. I see the Bears adding a punt returner (WR), pass rusher, OL and maybe even an additional secondary spot following cut down day. At least 3 waiver additions.
Good luck to the bears finding all that from cut players

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm a little worried about what we have at S behind Brisker and EJ.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they better find a C

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No one said they would be good

The guys being cut by good teams will not be great players, but they could be better than the guys at the bottom of a bad teams roster.

I remember when the bottom feeders used to sign Bears castoffs. Well, right now the Bears are the bottom feeders.

You will probably not find future HOFers, of even Pro Bowlers being cut. But a bad team can improve the quality of their backups/bench players with these guys.

A decent punt returner or backup Safety, sure you can find those.

The worst team in the league can get better with other teams castoffs. Hopefully the Bears are not doing this again in a year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guys being cut by good teams will not be great players, but they could be better than the guys at the bottom of a bad teams roster.

I remember when the bottom feeders used to sign Bears castoffs. Well, right now the Bears are the bottom feeders.

You will probably not find future HOFers, of even Pro Bowlers being cut. But a bad team can improve the quality of their backups/bench players with these guys.

A decent punt returner or backup Safety, sure you can find those.

The worst team in the league can get better with other teams castoffs. Hopefully the Bears are not doing this again in a year.
I agree. They can find the backup safety they need. And maybe a better backup special teamed/RB than Homer. And a better backup IOL/swing tackle

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One of these days I'm going to write a database that keeps track of overused NFL cliches. "At the end of the day" seems to be one they must start teaching future NFL players back in grade-school. Though, the management world is no better; they just have better sounding shtick.
Fields says "each and every day" each and every day.

Make sure to track preseason "iron sharpens iron".

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields says "each and every day" each and every day.

Make sure to track preseason "iron sharpens iron".
  • Each and Every Day
  • Giving {100|110} Percent
  • Take what the defense is giving us
  • Take care of the football
  • Working to get better
  • Take it one {game|play|day} at a time
  • Leave it all on the field

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
One of these days I'm going to write a database that keeps track of overused NFL cliches. "At the end of the day" seems to be one they must start teaching future NFL players back in grade-school. Though, the management world is no better; they just have better sounding shtick.

At the end of the day
Continue to battle
Get better everyday