run run pass vs pass pass pass

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
We loved to complain about fox's run run pass offense. These days passing is more popular but I believe there are situations were you need to go more conservative. The two games that come to mind are last years sb were the falcons blew it and this years game with the chiefs and titans. I love the nagy hire but I am scared that he might resort to reid's pass pass pass offense when the bears are up and blow games. That would be a brutal feeling. What are your thoughts?

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Balance is key.

Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing or at least was top two or three.

Nagy understands balance. Get ready for a new era of good feelings folks.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I think Naggy learned his lesson about balance in that Chiefs playoff game about going too much one way calling plays. I think Hunt only had like... 6 carries the entire second half and like 11 total?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Naggy learned his lesson about balance in that Chiefs playoff game about going too much one way calling plays. I think Hunt only had like... 6 carries the entire second half and like 11 total?

He mighta learned his lesson, Poxster, but you ain't learned his name, . .

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We loved to complain about fox's run run pass offense. These days passing is more popular but I believe there are situations were you need to go more conservative. The two games that come to mind are last years sb were the falcons blew it and this years game with the chiefs and titans. I love the nagy hire but I am scared that he might resort to reid's pass pass pass offense when the bears are up and blow games. That would be a brutal feeling. What are your thoughts?
KC averaged 21 rushes per game the 4 complete games before Nagy started calling plays and 32 rushes per game in the 4 games he called, so think your concerns are unwarranted.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
KC averaged 21 rushes per game the 4 complete games before Nagy started calling plays and 32 rushes per game in the 4 games he called, so think your concerns are unwarranted.

Jordan "Hubba Hubba" Howard heats up with more work. I'd love to see him get 30 rushes a game. Hopefully Nagy understands what he's got in the backfield . . .

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
pass pass pass? Hunt was one of the top rushers. Hard to achieve if you hardly ever run. smh

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what about run pass run, pass pass run, run pass pass or run run run?

Speed

Liked Posts:
He's not usually pass happy. Hunt was one of the top rushers in the league. Yeah he didn't call every game, but I'm sure he had a hand in scheming Hunt's runs. From what I understand its a recent change for Andy Reid's offense since traditionally he's been a pass happy coach.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Best illustrated when Brady tells McDumbass to shut the fuck up.
Then wins games calling plays at the line.

All you need to do this is a GOAT at QB.

For everyone else you have to run to get one on one.
Or... you have to pass to open the box.

There is no right answer... depends on the Defense you’re playing.
The great coaches adjust well...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
it shouldnt be an either/or thing, but if i had to chose i rather be pass happy and aggressive than conservative and predictable. pass happy can work. especially if its well called/executed, with a balance of shot, intermediate and long passes. that can keep a d on its toes just as much as a balanced run/pass attack. and if you work in the occasional unexpected run that goes for a big gain, all the better.

but in the end, as mentioned, it shouldnt be either/or. it should be whatever works against the d youre playing. if they cant stop the run then run it 50 times, if they cant stop the pass then pass it 50.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The last td scoring drive with the jax is perfect example of when you do run run pass. They did run run pass and rinse and repeat. End up with a td and chew time of the clock. If they had played reid ball they would have blown it. I hope Nagy is taking notes.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Execution, along with unpredictable play calls that either expose the weakness of the opposing defense or takes advantage of the offense OR both.