Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, wow. Where to start.

First off, don't run the 5k every day. To see any real sustainable improvements you'll have to run further than a 5k at certain paces. You'll also have to run speed workouts as well. What you plan on doing right now is doing it completely wrong. In peak 5k shape for me I had some long runs as far as 8-9 miles. Variance in the workouts is key.

A good place to start is Runnersworld.com Lot's of great resources there. Use the Smartcoach tool. You can pay for it or use the free one over and over again.

Also, this book is fantastic.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1609618025/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01

It's a 3 day a week running program I swear by. It's mainly for half marathons and marathons but there are 10k and 5k programs in there as well. Also, just a good general book on running as far as diet, training routine, and stretching go.

Get good shoes. What do you run in right now?

You're trying to drop to 130? How tall are you? Is it realistic to get that light?

Honestly, if you're serious about running and you're still in HS....run XC and/or track. You'll learn a ton about running and workouts that way.

Okay I will check out that website and also plan on running further tomorrow, do I run for speed or endurance?
I run in a pair of Saucany Jazz shoes, really comfy and padded, their a little old and I wanted to get Nike Lunar TR+1's but it's not in the budget, so I ll have to run in those.
I am basically already there, at 131lbs. I am 5'7 3/4, and it probably isn't realistic but :dunno: I am not killing myself to get there and I am not anoxeric or taking any pills.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
BMI doesn't mean jack shit for individuals. BF% is a much better indicator, and a lot of anorexic people despite being bone skinny are actually obese. With no muscle mass, weak tendons, weak ligaments, and overall pussitis.. good luck with your fitness goals in 2012.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay I will check out that website and also plan on running further tomorrow, do I run for speed or endurance?
Depends on the day.

That's why you have to get on an actual workout/running plan. Just running to run and making it up as you go makes you run "garbage" worthless miles that don't really do anything.

I run in a pair of Saucany Jazz shoes, really comfy and padded, their a little old and I wanted to get Nike Lunar TR+1's but it's not in the budget, so I ll have to run in those.

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-GEL-Neo...343241544&sr=1-1&keywords=asic+gel+neo+33+men

I hate Nikes, especially the Lunar line though.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm still fucking her.. you get my point.

Apparently she is.

HEY OH!

mcmahon.jpg

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's lightweight, not a chick :) There's a difference.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What sites do you guys use for overall health, diet, exercise, running, etc? Is Livestrong.com any good?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What sites do you guys use for overall health, diet, exercise, running, etc? Is Livestrong.com any good?

Who are you talking to?

Honestly, at this point I go by the way I look, feel, clothes fit, how I'm running etc more than checking sites and charts all day.

My diet is pretty basic and uncomplicated. Cook a lot of low calorie, low fat meals at home. Watch my portion size. And that's pretty much it. I'm a label reading fool.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Who are you talking to?

Honestly, at this point I go by the way I look, feel, clothes fit, how I'm running etc more than checking sites and charts all day.

My diet is pretty basic and uncomplicated. Cook a lot of low calorie, low fat meals at home. Watch my portion size. And that's pretty much it. I'm a label reading fool.

And then I take all of his low calorie, low fat recipes... and make them high fat, high calorie recipes.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you guys don't visit or utilize any websites? You just go on your personal experiences - what your body reacts the best to?

Status
Not open for further replies.