CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I still just use my phone for the gps/trainer aide/calorie counter.

Most of the apps I got for this are free. Already pay for the phone, so why not?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
5k today, then after I'm going to the Cardinals/Cubs game trolling w/ my Cardinals cap and my newly bought Youk shirsey, will update you all tonight! wish me luck!

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
So with a time of 26:32 I finished 16th of 33 people in my age group and finished 237th overall of 1759 runners in the 5k. Truth be told. I have never ran 3 straight miles outside before, I have always ran on an elliptical or treadmill so this was a big accomplishment for me. All the advice and comments in this thread have definitely made me a more knowledgable runner and hope to apply my lessons learned in my next race. Thanks for all your support! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343523540.118675.jpg
Me dying after the race^^^

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats man - you did great! I hope to get into a 5k next summer!
Definitely would recommend it. It was a great experience and a great feeling when I finished.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So with a time of 26:32 I finished 16th of 33 people in my age group and finished 237th overall of 1759 runners in the 5k. Truth be told. I have never ran 3 straight miles outside before, I have always ran on an elliptical or treadmill so this was a big accomplishment for me. All the advice and comments in this thread have definitely made me a more knowledgable runner and hope to apply my lessons learned in my next race. Thanks for all your support! View attachment 853
Me dying after the race^^^
Word of advice. Use an elliptical on your "off days" as a way of cross training. Don't use it on a day where you are actually supposed to run.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Had a 7 mile race this weekend. PR'd by nearly 4 minutes.

Summer running season is over(3 races in the last two months...2 PR's)

Going to take a month now and put in some lighter work outs before I start training for my next half marathon in early November.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just kinda thought I'd add some flair to this thread, here is my running playlist:
1. The Sweety Man- Ry Legit
2. Madhouse (Paradigm Remix)- Karetus
3. Buzz Lightyear- Ry Legit
4. Fugue State- Nero
5. Above & Beyond- Bassnectar (This song always gets my ass moving)
6. Promises- Nero
7. Eurodancer- DJ Mangoo
8. Timestretch- Bassnectar
9. Verbing the Noun- Bassnectar
10. Save the World (Radio Mix)- Swedish House Mafia

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good call, i should probably just quit trying to improve b/c I can't run a 6 min-mile from the start. That sounds like a good idea. makes all sorts of sense.

:smoke:

have yet to see this guy post a positive or encouraging word about anything, don't worry about it

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
have yet to see this guy post a positive or encouraging word about anything, don't worry about it

lol, he gets lumped in w/ rory and FT at times...needs to feel validated and what not...has to feel better/more supreme....first thought to this post is "well b/c I'm am more supreme derp derp."

Not worried about it, ha ;)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
lol, he gets lumped in w/ rory and FT at times...needs to feel validated and what not...has to feel better/more supreme....first thought to this post is "well b/c I'm am more supreme derp derp."

Not worried about it, ha ;)

Rosetta's like 85 on grumpy steroids.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Good call, i should probably just quit trying to improve b/c I can't run a 6 min-mile from the start. That sounds like a good idea. makes all sorts of sense.

:smoke:

Not what I said. Maybe you should focus on actually training and not on buying worthless shit, and getting butthurt when you get told it's worthless.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not what I said. Maybe you should focus on actually training and not on buying worthless shit, and getting butthurt when you get told it's worthless.

Have you ever used this product? or just read about it and claimed its worthless? That makes sense. you wouldn't use it, so it must be junk. Got it.

carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.