Status
Not open for further replies.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty much this.

Iuse a watch I bought at Wal-Mart for $10.

Calorie counters and GPS watches are generally shit.

You could have saved yourself a lot of fucking money by just using google maps pedometer to map runs, buying a cheap watch, and controlling calories otherwise.

ya...watches are fine and can help register how you're progressing between runs and in runs and can help you pace yourself

but i dont see a reason to pay for more than 20 bucks for a watch,unless you are some pretentious businessman or something

if it's just for conventional purposes(like exercise), then no way you should spend more than 20 bucks..jmo though

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Save yourself the money and get the Asics 33 series.

Dude - are you an Asics sales rep? Give it a fucking break on what everyone else gets and focus on your snappy comebacks.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude - are you an Asics sales rep? Give it a fucking break on what everyone else gets and focus on your snappy comebacks.

No. I just happen to really like the shoe, it's a well respected brand, costs less than Nike, runs better, and I'd rather see people get good quality shoes than the next neon piece of shit Nike puts out.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I just happen to really like the shoe, it's a well respected brand, costs less than Nike, runs better, and I'd rather see people get good quality shoes than the next neon piece of shit Nike puts out.

Nike is far from a piece of shit so STFU.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've got Nike Pegasus shoes. Tried on some Asics and Brooks shoes, ran around the block w/ 'em all, and the Nike's not only felt the best, but were the cheapest. The Asics just fit my feet weird, but I know a lot of people swear by 'em.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Running a 5K for charity next weekend, but not too focused on being competitive even though they have awards.

Thinking I might get around 20 minutes because I run about 3 miles most days and get around 20ish minutes.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I'd pay the money for this (and yeah it's been delayed for a long ass time) but this is pretty neat. http://www.mybasis.com - Measures your heart-rate as well as other things (sleeping, walking, etc.) like fitbit (except fitbit doesn't have the heart rate stuff). There's another similar product coming out, and it's on KickStarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-holy-grail-of-heart-rate-look-ma-no-hand

For someone who really wants to keep track of everything they do and see how changes in their exercise and sleep affect their overall health, it's something really helpful. Again, I'm not sure either are worth the price though.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I'd pay the money for this (and yeah it's been delayed for a long ass time) but this is pretty neat. http://www.mybasis.com - Measures your heart-rate as well as other things (sleeping, walking, etc.) like fitbit (except fitbit doesn't have the heart rate stuff). There's another similar product coming out, and it's on KickStarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-holy-grail-of-heart-rate-look-ma-no-hand

For someone who really wants to keep track of everything they do and see how changes in their exercise and sleep affect their overall health, it's something really helpful. Again, I'm not sure either are worth the price though.

:notfunny:

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
"By tracking your heart rate while training, you are easily able to control the intensity of your workout, while also discovering what areas might need some extra attention. It is not uncommon for athletes to overwork between seasons, which can cause more harm than good in the long run. Knowing the patterns of your heart rate well can possibly mean the difference between sustaining an injury from working too hard, or simply not working hard enough. Heart rate monitoring adds accuracy to and optimizes every workout, ultimately leaving athletes well trained and productive"

Bullshit.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
"By tracking your heart rate while training, you are easily able to control the intensity of your workout, while also discovering what areas might need some extra attention. It is not uncommon for athletes to overwork between seasons, which can cause more harm than good in the long run. Knowing the patterns of your heart rate well can possibly mean the difference between sustaining an injury from working too hard, or simply not working hard enough. Heart rate monitoring adds accuracy to and optimizes every workout, ultimately leaving athletes well trained and productive"

Bullshit.

Seriously, let it go, child.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nike is far from a piece of shit so STFU.

Actually, Nike running shoes are..and have been. Saucony, Asics, Brooks and New Balance to a certain extent have passed them by. I like Nike for other shoes but their running shoes are shit overall.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LOL at somebody the same size as my little sister calling me a child. Seriously put me on ignore if you don't like my posts.

Apparently a grown man doesn't know how to use ignore function either.

Status
Not open for further replies.