Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I've read that the only way that you'll get results from lifting and ab workouts is if you do cardio too to burn the fat.

Not sure how accurate because I definitely don't think that's true. But I think they were referring to super fat people doing ab workouts and expecting a six pack. So :dunno:

To lose fat, with the exception of being a rank beginner (noob gains) you must be in a caloric deficit. Cardio doesn't burn that many calories unless you are an elite athlete, or genetically gifted.

On average one hour of steady state cardio burns roughly 300 calories. Cutting out 2 sodas a day will eliminate about the same amount of calories much easier.

It's easier and more effective to lose fat through diet, not exercise.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To lose fat, with the exception of being a rank beginner (noob gains) you must be in a caloric deficit. Cardio doesn't burn that many calories unless you are an elite athlete, or genetically gifted.

On average one hour of steady state cardio burns roughly 300 calories. Cutting out 2 sodas a day will eliminate about the same amount of calories much easier.

It's easier and more effective to lose fat through diet, not exercise.

Yeah. I called bullshit on that.

Basically what I do is eat healthy, I don't drink soda at all, and play team sports and work out regularly. Since I've basically maintained a healthy weight with a solid amount of muscle since high school I don't have to lose weight or anything. I just workout to continue to be healthy.

Are there any specific diets that are already designed that you would recommend or certain types of foods to eat?

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Yeah. I called bullshit on that.

Basically what I do is eat healthy, I don't drink soda at all, and play team sports and work out regularly. Since I've basically maintained a healthy weight with a solid amount of muscle since high school I don't have to lose weight or anything. I just workout to continue to be healthy.

Are there any specific diets that are already designed that you would recommend or certain types of foods to eat?

No. I basically track my macros, try to eat mostly whole foods (IE real chicken, beef, vegetables) and depending on if I'm bulking or cutting I track my calories.

I mostly eat what I want, and I don't sweat it. If I want a burger and a soda I'll go to a drive through. If I want chicken mcnuggets I'll get them. I drink soda here and there whenever I feel like it. Sometimes none at all, sometimes 3 or 4 in a day.

As long as I'm getting the protein my body needs, and the fat my body needs I don't sweat it. I eat around 3,000 calories a day most days so I have a hard time over eating.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I basically track my macros, try to eat mostly whole foods (IE real chicken, beef, vegetables) and depending on if I'm bulking or cutting I track my calories.

I mostly eat what I want, and I don't sweat it. If I want a burger and a soda I'll go to a drive through. If I want chicken mcnuggets I'll get them. I drink soda here and there whenever I feel like it. Sometimes none at all, sometimes 3 or 4 in a day.

As long as I'm getting the protein my body needs, and the fat my body needs I don't sweat it. I eat around 3,000 calories a day most days so I have a hard time over eating.

Same. I'll drink beer and eat pizza or go to Mcdonalds are something if I want to, but basically eat healthy. Since I'm not trying to lose weight I don't really sweat it. I personally don't drink soda because carbonation limits oxygen that goes through your body and stuff and caffeine isn't great for me either. But that's just me.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dark soda makes me fart all day, except for some reason.. dr. pepper. I usually drink sierra mist.

The only soda that I really liked was Dr. Pepper. Pepsi was the worst as far as burping nonstop.

Any other soda I drank was usually mixed with alcohol.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
How ironic is it that I work at a health club?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doing what?

Well it doubles as a sports center so I skate guard during open skates and I score keep basketball games, I m not involved with the trainers or maintenance of the health club but I do interact with them on a daily basis

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a question in general about fitness... What types of foods are good to eat like the night before and the day of games?

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
A plethera of knowledge in this one.

What were you expecting? Eat what you eat. The food you eat in the 24 hours prior to, and right before an event don't really have much effect on anything. Don't eat right before, and don't eat greasy mexican food. Pretty simple. Or should I have told him to do a juice fast for 2 weeks prior to any athletic competition?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who needs advice when you google and an app.

well,i would trust advice from people who are conceivably educated on the subject more than a search engine which feeds on anonymous misinformation

not saying google is bad, but you have to question the information you look up, even if it may be true:shrug:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well,i would trust advice from people who are conceivably educated on the subject more than a search engine which feeds on anonymous misinformation

not saying google is bad, but you have to question the information you look up, even if it may be true:shrug:

google can find articles or even forums on the subject that has people educated on the subject giving advice too. Same thing really.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Missed the sarcasm :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.