Russell Wilson Offered $21m/yr - He declines

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Now for the real question: would you want the Bears to pay $25M/year to sign Wilson?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Wilson had the worst season of his career last year. Running QBs don't get better and tend to age poorly given their dependence on physical attributes. Wilson being in the league three years doesn't really matter at this point because he isn't getting better, and I doubt he outlasts Rivers/Ben/Rodgers/Romo as starters.

Steve Young probably disagrees

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. I guess as a Bears fan you are spoiled by your QB winning enough games to get to the playoffs nearly every year. And all of the SB victories.

Rodgers is 70-33 in regular season and 6-5 in the playoffs. What is your point?

Rodgers is the best QB around. I'm responding to the idea that he had carried the Packers any where.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is the best QB around. I'm responding to the idea that he had carried the Packers any where.

I consider the playoffs an accomplishment. I watched a lot of non-playoff Packer seasons. Rodgers got hurt and they went 8-7-1 and still made the playoffs. If by anywhere, you mean the Super Bowl? Well you have lofty goals for your team. The playoffs are just fine by me watching the Packer teams I grew up with.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Were Brady and Rodgers playing with an all time top few defense their first few years & topped off with a great ground and pound running game?

I get tied of this argument. Lynn got shut down in the first SB yet Wilson did enuff to help them win. The marginalization of Wilson's effect on the 'Hawks needs to stop

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wilson had the worst season of his career last year. Running QBs don't get better and tend to age poorly given their dependence on physical attributes. Wilson being in the league three years doesn't really matter at this point because he isn't getting better, and I doubt he outlasts Rivers/Ben/Rodgers/Romo as starters.

you obviously are not familiar with Wilson's passing stats over his 3yr career. go look it up and get back to us

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I consider the playoffs an accomplishment. I watched a lot of non-playoff Packer seasons. Rodgers got hurt and they went 8-7-1 and still made the playoffs. If by anywhere, you mean the Super Bowl? Well you have lofty goals for your team. The playoffs are just fine by me watching the Packer teams I grew up with.

So you saw many a 80's Packer teams?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You mean like how the Packers were 6-2 in games in which Rodgers threw more than 3 passes in 2013, while they were 2-5 -1 otherwise without him? That kinda carrying a team doesn't work for you?

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
OT: Russell Wilson Offered $21m/yr - He declines

#1defenses combined with top 5 running games make slightly better than average QB's seem elite.

Jim McMahon would disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Trent Dilfer's elite 2000 season would also disagree.

Honorable mention...Kyle Orton's 2005 elite season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Well since he went 39-7 with a SB ring as a starter with such, and since the premise of this thread is that mediocre passing stats don't determine worth, winning does. McMahon was elite during that stint.

Oh and that doesn't even take into account his effect on the defensive. The Bears were #14 in PPG the year before he arrived, top 5 every year(#1 3x's) he was the starter, and dropped to #20 the season he left. That is elite.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trent Dilfer's elite 2000 season would also disagree.
So you're saying that teams can win SB's with #1 defenses and great running games and QB's that just make a few plays when needed? Interesting.

But Baltimore gave up 108 and 100 more points in the seasons bookending Trents SB with Balt. Are you ignoring his effect on the defense? Or is that just a R Wilson effect?

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So you're saying that teams can win SB's with #1 defenses and great running games and QB's that just make a few plays when needed? Interesting.

Nope, I'm merely pointing out how elite these QBs seemed

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

But Baltimore gave up 108 and 100 more points in the seasons bookending Trents SB with Balt. Are you ignoring his effect on the defense? Or is that just a R Wilson effect?

You know they also didn't have the star RB in either of those two seasons, since he was a rookie the SB year and he missed the entire next season with an injury. Jamal Lewis was a big factor to that team and they also didn't even have the backup the year after the SB who happened to be a yet to really flourish Priest Holmes.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nope, I'm merely pointing out how elite these QBs seemed

So, QB's that have #1 D's and great running games can seem elite while truthfully not being so...except, of course, R Wilson. Hell, he took Seattle's above average defense made them #1 3 years running and carried them to a SB victory, all while abstaining from sex and fielding phone calls from God. Truly Elite.