Ryan Pace…

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucked up by not giving the HC position to Adam Gase. Here's why…

1.) Gase more than likely would've brought Fangio in as his DC also. As a young offensive HC Gase would've most likely let Vic run the D the way he saw fit and focused on the O.

2.) Continuity. Gase installed an offense system that Fox refers to as "our system." The problem is Logains is running the already middling system into the ground.

3.) (most importantly) QB development. Does anyone trust Loggains to develop a rookie QB? I sure as hell don't!!!

When Fox was interviewed I'm sure Gase's name was brought up as a probable OC candidate and Pace is a smart enough football guy to know that Gase was on rental. Why not buy Gase instead of renting if you like the idea of him running the O and Vic running the D?

Hopefully San Diego shits the bed this year and McCoy or Wisenhunt become available. I can't see Jay making it past this year and fuck Loggains developing the QB of the future.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Time will tell if Gase will be a good head coach. But the logic is sound.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure Loggains will make it past game 6, so we should have a new face at OC next season to develop a rookie. I hope at least.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fucked up by not giving the HC position to Adam Gase. Here's why…

1.) Gase more than likely would've brought Fangio in as his DC also. As a young offensive HC Gase would've most likely let Vic run the D the way he saw fit and focused on the O.

2.) Continuity. Gase installed an offense system that Fox refers to as "our system." The problem is Logains is running the already middling system into the ground.

3.) (most importantly) QB development. Does anyone trust Loggains to develop a rookie QB? I sure as hell don't!!!

When Fox was interviewed I'm sure Gase's name was brought up as a probable OC candidate and Pace is a smart enough football guy to know that Gase was on rental. Why not buy Gase instead of renting if you like the idea of him running the O and Vic running the D?

Hopefully San Diego shits the bed this year and McCoy or Wisenhunt become available. I can't see Jay making it past this year and fuck Loggains developing the QB of the future.

Hindsights a bitch. It would've been hard to trust a quiet Gase rebuilding our locker room after Trestman destroyed this team. Fox was a good call at the time, Loggains is just a really bad call at this juncture.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's still playing the fucking loser, so that's another fuck up.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How are you certain Gase would have brought in Fangio? The Redskins were making a strong push for him and Fangio might have viewed a first time HC and GM as a gamble. Fox is who got us Fangio.

As far as Gase as HC give it time. He is a pretty good OC but the jury is out on his HC acumen.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
How are you certain Gase would have brought in Fangio? The Redskins were making a strong push for him and Fangio might have viewed a first time HC and GM as a gamble. Fox is who got us Fangio.

As far as Gase as HC give it time. He is a pretty good OC but the jury is out on his HC acumen.

Gase is on the hot seat already in Miami.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace wasn't qualified for the GM job to begin with.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If I remember correctly Gase wanted to retain Fangio in SF and SF wanted Fangio gone and Gase turned down the position.

I'm not sold on Gase as a HC at all. I'm just saying for the sake of longterm player development Gase as HC had more potential.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say what you will about Ryan Pace but let us not forget where the Bears really suffered a crippling blow, when Emery passed on Arians for Trestman. Arians should have been the HC, even beyond Emery's era. Arians would have been a perfect fit, a guy who would grab this team by the horns and turn this culture around.

Given the options out there at the time and the state of the Bears post Trestman, Pace made the right hire.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say what you will about Ryan Pace but let us not forget where the Bears really suffered a crippling blow, when Emery passed on Arians for Trestman. Arians should have been the HC, even beyond Emery's era. Arians would have been a perfect fit, a guy who would grab this team by the horns and turn this culture around.

Given the options out there at the time and the state of the Bears post Trestman, Pace made the right hire.

Agree with Arians… I mean who wouldn't and I understood the Fox hire. I understand most of Pace's moves. I generally like him as a GM. I am however pissed off that Dowell Loggains in the OC of the Chicago Bears!! I see no future for the O under Loggains. My hope is that both Loggains and Cutler are given walking papers this offseason and an actual experienced and successful coordinator is brought in to develop the future of the franchise.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe we take Jim Bob Cooter from Detroit next year and make him the head coach. Give him a rookie QB to play with.

I don't give a shit about his value, with a name like Jim Bob Cooter...he has my vote.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lincoln HS sure did make a splash with Gase as their OC hiring

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
How hard do you have to look for these threads??