Ryan Pace

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Still can't believe all the Ryan Pace is an idiot posts. They guy took over a bad roster. The defense was void of players. Now the defense is by far the best in football. The Bears have now won 15 of 20 games...if you say he is an idiot then keep playing fantasy football and play your video games.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Still can't believe all the Ryan Pace is an idiot posts. They guy took over a bad roster. The defense was void of players. Now the defense is by far the best in football. The Bears have now won 15 of 20 games...if you say he is an idiot then keep playing fantasy football and play your video games.

You are new here, but CCS definitely has more members than Omelete, just FYI

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct. Just feeling good today
The poster that thinks he's an Alpha and calls himself Alpha Male is clearly on record as being a Pace hater. He is still seething over the non re-signing of Alshon and has even said Phil E. was a better GM.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just thinking of the Minnesota GM that paid $80,000,000 guaranteed for a 10-9-1 qb. Yes, gm's are not perfect. I am really enjoying the Talent Pace has put together with the one exception of Mitch. Sadly, Pace had John Fox in his ear when he made that decision. I wonder if Nagy and Pace make the same call .

It has been a long time since the Bears had talent like this.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've never liked the Pace criticism because I think he has been very good. It's easy to pick on negatives.. just like you could pick on Patriots bad draft selections if you focus your attention that way. How has Elway done shaping his team? Other GMs.. no one is perfect. I personally think Pace has done well. I like Montgomery more than Howard. We could have kept Howard one more year but you want to give ball to Mont anyways so it worked out (and you have to pay Howard next year). Losing Alshon not a big deal to me due to his injuries. I feel like ARob is equally good.. he is catching everything and Alshon was no burner.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just thinking of the Minnesota GM that paid $80,000,000 guaranteed for a 10-9-1 qb. Yes, gm's are not perfect. I am really enjoying the Talent Pace has put together with the one exception of Mitch. Sadly, Pace had John Fox in his ear when he made that decision. I wonder if Nagy and Pace make the same call .

It has been a long time since the Bears had talent like this.

Fox had nothing to do with Trubisky, Fox didn't even know Pace was going to take a quarterback. Everyone knew Fox was done after that year, save for Fox himself, and even that is a maybe.

Trubisky being a "Fox guy" couldn't be farther from the truth.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Other than the resident trolls, I feel it is mostly younger posters who heavily criticize Pace. They just haven't been around long enough to know a good GM. If you don't win a superbowl its "fire the GM".

I have made many posts over the years (before last season), and been heavily criticized, for suggesting hoping Pace will be our GM for the next 20 years. He moves up and down the draft board very well and has a fantastic understanding of how other teams value players, allowing him to do very well in the middle rounds.

Of course, he deserves criticism for some of his first round selections as well as the QB situation. Bottom line is he has built a playoff team. Only so many GMs can do this.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox had nothing to do with Trubisky, Fox didn't even know Pace was going to take a quarterback. Everyone knew Fox was done after that year, save for Fox himself, and even that is a maybe.

Trubisky being a "Fox guy" couldn't be farther from the truth.
You're going to tell me a head coach had nothing to do with the decision on a first round QB pick. I call bullshit. Your going to say Fox never walked I to the Bears Draft room and looked around? Bullshit. You are going to tell me Pace never asked Fox, a long time, NFL Coach, superbowl coach, an opinion on a potential QB pick... yea right.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You're going to tell me a head coach had nothing to do with the decision on a first round QB pick. I call bullshit. Your going to say Fox never walked I to the Bears Draft room and looked around? Bullshit. You are going to tell me Pace never asked Fox, a long time, NFL Coach, superbowl coach, an opinion on a potential QB pick... yea right.
Yeah, I think Fox assumed they were going to get Jamal Adams, who would have strengthened his chances at winning those 9-6 he'd love to brag about.

To think that Fox's input on a quarterback held value would lead you to believe that Pace and the Bears were considering extending Fox past that year, I can't possibly imagine that was the case.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anyone that has always and still says Pace is an idiot and don't realize he's a great GM that has done a great job are fucking morons that have zero idea about what he's done and how good he's been. They wanna point to the moves or draft picks he's made that haven't been good but aren't smart enough to realize that they can't name one single GM that's ever done it that hasn't made multiple bad moves. There's people on here that are so dumb they actually think there's a way for anyone to know what a player will become when they get to the NFL from college. It's not possible.

Now we'll find out who a lot of those dummies are because they'll be mad at this post and will think it's about them and will put themselves out there for all of us to see who they are with the negs and say they disliked for another reason. It works every time.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
I do recall at the time Fox was kept in the dark on the Trubisky pick. It was strange but Fox was basically dead man walking. As far as the pick, I was not happy when they made the pick but got over it and supported Mitch. Before the draft Mitch was ranked the top QB by most experts. At the time you could have made the case for Watson. I'm not a huge fan of Watson but whatever. As far as Mahomes, very few were high on him. Give KC a ton of credit for trading up to get him. As a Bear fan I'm not going to call Mitch a great QB at this point but to call him the worst QB in the league or say he sucks is way out of bounds. The Bears have a chance to to some great things. Sit back and enjoy..or not. Your choice.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people have been pretty fair on Pace. He’s done a great job in bringing in defensive talent but has shit his pants with the QB position.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace bid against himself to move up and blew draft picks on Trubisky then he wasted a fist rounder on fail ass Kevin White

And who drafted head case, Roquan? Hmmmmm.....let me guess our fabulous GM?

Last edited: