Sam Smith Again: Bulls will Not Trade Noah

Fred

Liked Posts:
As I reported on an earlier Bullseye, Sam said the Bulls have labeled Noah as untradeable. Apparently it's true if this is to be believed: From today's Sam Smith article (Bulls Employee), and its almost laughably absurd:

"The Bulls, by the way, have Joakim Noah off limits in any sign-and-trade, probably even for LeBron James."
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100524.html

Everyone should know by now how much I love Noah, but that could possibly be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Needless to say, if it's remotely true, they aren't signing-and-trading him for Bosh.

Here's another laugh-out-loud statement:
"How much can you give up in a sign-and-trade? Say you could get Bosh. Could you afford to give up Hinrich, Gibson, Deng and your No. 1 and take back, say, Marcus Banks? The Raptors did have some previous talks with the Warriors, who have several interesting pieces. Though Bosh apparently had no interest in going there."

So the deal would be 2 of the most overpaid, overrated and/or injury-prone players in the league in Deng and Hinrich, a decent player in Gibson, and a mid-to high number one for Chris Bosh and Banks....and Sam is actually asking the reader if we should do this deal. Has Sam Smith lost his mind? YES YOU DO THAT DEAL. Why even ask it? I'd take a gift-wrapped pile of dog sh*t instead of Banks, and still make the deal. Who cares. You're getting Bosh.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
this is like asking if we should trade pargo for a draft pick. YES! ARE YOU HIGH? YES!

senrad

Liked Posts:
I would personally drive Noah to Cleveland.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
So if the Bulls are so hardcore on NOT trading Noah, then I guess we should all assume that when it comes time to give Noah his new contract that there will be not problems right?

Since big men are always overpaid in this league, if Noah has another solid year, or builds on what he did last year, he'll be commanding a pretty penny.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Not signing and trading Noah isn't ridiculous. We have enough cap space to get LeBron outright, Cleveland can take a couple of token second round picks so they can get their trade exception, or they can get nothing. LeBron isn't coming here to play with a Noah-less team anyway.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I love Noah & I would hate to see him go but there's only 1 player on this team who's off limits & we ALL know who that is... Kirk Hinrich ;)

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I love Noah & I would hate to see him go but there's only 1 player on this team who's off limits & we ALL know who that is... Kirk Hinrich ;)

haha!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Typical Sam Smith garbage. Perhaps we will hear about the greatness of Joe Johnson again.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Perhaps we will hear about the greatness of Joe Johnson again.

I think Sam has Joe Johnson and Chuck Norris confused.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Diddy1122 wrote:
I do believe Fred has just exploded somewhere. :laugh: