Sammy Watkins is the best free agent WR of 2018

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think either he or Robinson would he huge adds.

Watkins speed is awesome. Robinson will physically dominate a CB.

Honestly let’s sign both and move Meredith to the slot.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bears need to walk away with either Robinson or Watkins. Both are young and talented and fit the Bears' needs perfectly.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I too prefer Watkins. He'd be a differentiator for our offense. I just have this feeling he'll end up back with the Rams because they are building something special there and the offense is a known commodity already. I think the Rams will pony up but some team could wow him. I hope it would be us with the wow.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I too prefer Watkins. He'd be a differentiator for our offense. I just have this feeling he'll end up back with the Rams because they are building something special there and the offense is a known commodity already. I think the Rams will pony up but some team could wow him. I hope it would be us with the wow.

I think that there will be a team that values him more than the Rams (hopefully the Bears). I know everyone thinks Allen Robinson is the guy, but when has Ryan Pace ever
Telegraphed a signing? I think Nagy loves Watkins, and Pace is gonna go after him.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I mean I’m almost tired of being right around here LoL. Great write up on Watkins.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
uUNR0Rp.gif

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Honestly these clips of him straight up dominating guys almost concerns me even more. Sammy Watkins has always confused me with his production. This guy is so talented it makes you wonder if anything else is at play here. You can only make so many excuses for a guy that talented not producing and he will have switched teams twice if this happens.

Is something else going on behind the scenes?
Is he inconsistent effort wise?
Does he not get along with teammates?

Going purely based on the information we know now, I think I'd still give him the slight edge over Allen Robinson because of the pure speed

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
Honestly these clips of him straight up dominating guys almost concerns me even more. Sammy Watkins has always confused me with his production. This guy is so talented it makes you wonder if anything else is at play here. He will have switched teams twice if this happens.

Going just based on the information we know now, I think I'd still give him the slight edge over Allen Robinson because of the pure speed

Yeah I want Watkins over Robinson myself, although both would be fantastic.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Honestly these clips of him straight up dominating guys almost concerns me even more. Sammy Watkins has always concerned me with his production. This guy is so talented it makes you wonder if anything else is at play here. He will have switched teams twice if this happens.

Going just based on the information we know now, I think I'd still give him the slight edge over Allen Robinson because of the pure speed

Nothing is wrong with Watkins production. He was in Buffalo for three years with dink and dunk QBs and his first year in LA he was only used as a big play guy and had 8 TD in only 70 targets. Imagine what he would do with 161 targets like Landry, or even 151 like Allen Robinson was getting.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Honestly these clips of him straight up dominating guys almost concerns me even more. Sammy Watkins has always confused me with his production. This guy is so talented it makes you wonder if anything else is at play here. He will have switched teams twice if this happens.

All that is possible. It's definitely unusual for a talented young receiver to hit the market without some big question marks. The one we know is nagging injuries, and it's entirely possible that it's as simple as that. When healthy he has been the much more consistent player between he and Robinson, and his skill set would seem to fit better with what most assume Nagy's offense will be.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
funny thing is whether its watkins or robinson, if an injury happens
pace haters will out here in full force about how bad pace is as a GM

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
All that is possible. It's definitely unusual for a talented young receiver to hit the market without some big question marks. The one we know is nagging injuries, and it's entirely possible that it's as simple as that. When healthy he has been the much more consistent player between he and Robinson, and his skill set would seem to fit better with what most assume Nagy's offense will be.

Agreed he seems like the clear choice for me too, but its hard to say.

We all get really excited about each of these players in free agency but in reality we probably know less than 10% of what teams in the NFL do about them

Let's just hope Ryan Pace makes the right decision

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think either Watkins or Robinson will be tearing it up with Trubisky. I'd be excited to sign either but nervous enough at the question marks surrounding them that I want another option or two in FA or the draft.

I don't get the negativity. This is honestly a better crop of free agents than expected with multiple tier 1 options and more than secondary talent to fill out our WR corps.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
best case scenario, imagine getting Watkins and Trubisky hits him on the plays that Goff missed on, and Meredith picks up where he left off, and White plays a healthy season, and we have Wilson for 4WR......hell even Bellamy has a ton of speed, that's a problem even for a talented defensive backfield.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Watson is the better receiver and the better fit but I believe A-Rob is more likely to come to Chicago.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
funny thing is whether its watkins or robinson, if an injury happens
pace haters will out here in full force about how bad pace is as a GM

Depends on the depth. Pace can't just sign Watkins/Robinson and think he's done at WR. There is no point in depending on White to be healthy. Meredith is coming off an ACL tear. If Robinson is signed, he's coming off an ACL tear. Wright is gone. I mean, the WR corpse needs an overhaul.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Imagine if we signed em both and Wilson then draft Ridley

Watkins
Robinson
Wilson
Ridley
Meredith
White