Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Caleb working for SBN now?

Bort

Liked Posts:
It's crazy how many defensive diamonds in the rough Lovie Smith recruited in his short time at Illinois. Devon Witherspoon, Jartavius Martin, Sydney Brown, and Johnny Newton were all zero to 3 star recruits coming out of high school.

Anyway, Newton is a beast. #9 is probably a little too high to take him, but somewhere in the mid teens after a trade back would be fine. If they pick up a 2nd round pick in the trade back, they could pick up one of the 2nd tier edge rushers like Chris Braswell in the 2nd round.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's crazy how many defensive diamonds in the rough Lovie Smith recruited in his short time at Illinois. Devon Witherspoon, Jartavius Martin, Sydney Brown, and Johnny Newton were all zero to 3 star recruits coming out of high school.

Anyway, Newton is a beast. #9 is probably a little too high to take him, but somewhere in the mid teens after a trade back would be fine. If they pick up a 2nd round pick in the trade back, they could pick up one of the 2nd tier edge rushers like Chris Braswell in the 2nd round.
Braswell is just so stiff. I’ve watched him too many times. He’s a non-stop motor type of guy but is probably best in a rotation. He’s like a lesser version of Sweat. Braswell does a lot of things well but doesn’t do anything exceptionally well but he could get coached into being a beast—it might take a few years. I’m guessing he ends up in a 3-4.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Braswell is just so stiff. I’ve watched him too many times. He’s a non-stop motor type of guy but is probably best in a rotation. He’s like a lesser version of Sweat. Braswell does a lot of things well but doesn’t do anything exceptionally well but he could get coached into being a beast—it might take a few years. I’m guessing he ends up in a 3-4.
I'd prefer Kneeland to him personally

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Austin Booker from Kansas looks good on film but has little explosion, very similar to Kneeland. Kneeland was a touch faster, but has excellent agility..

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just like rural Illinois sadly.
Florida insane amounts of talent all throughout that state. Particularly in the southern part and on most of the coastlines

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree. We were talking about meth though. lol
I’m in North Georgia, plenty of that truck stop speed here. I’m actually in the process of adopting 2 of our nephews(sister in laws kids) from White Trashville Alabama because of meth.