Schrock's Bears Report Card: Grading Tyson Bagent, offense, defense in Saints loss

Rise

Liked Posts:
This guy gets paid to write that? I’ve read better posts.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The pass protection for the Oline was pretty good for the second week in a row. It really confused me why we saw the swapping of Borom and Jones at times. If anything, Whitehair and Patrick are the weakest links on that line yesterday and for some reason they continued to try and run behind them instead of the Jenkins and Wright combo which have been really strong run blockers. Just more of the same when it comes to poor personnel management by the coaches.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The pass protection for the Oline was pretty good for the second week in a row. It really confused me why we saw the swapping of Borom and Jones at times. If anything, Whitehair and Patrick are the weakest links on that line yesterday and for some reason they continued to try and run behind them instead of the Jenkins and Wright combo which have been really strong run blockers. Just more of the same when it comes to poor personnel management by the coaches.
“We’re having success running right, fuck it let’s run left.”

Luke Getsy

msadows

Liked Posts:

Can't just run 100% to the right...I mean normal teams cant.

Don't think it would have much of a differrence for the bears, since they cant run left so might as well just telegraph your plays.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Couldn't agree more..

The only thing I disagree with was on defensive pressure.

With the addition of Sweat, there was FAR more pressure than there was in any game the past 2 years. However, we only have 1 pass rusher now, and you need 2 to really make a defense work. So there was a lot of flushing out of the pocket, but the Saints still were able to get plays off.

Still, it was a significant step forward for the defensive line.