Seahawks Mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pete Carroll said he will kick the ball to Hester. Granted, kicking out of bounce or attempts to avoid Hester gives the Bears excellent field position, but Hester is an even bigger threat. In the 2006's Superbowl, Dungy made the decision to kick the opening kickoff straight to Hester.. His 1st and last mistake that fateful night. Will we be witnessing a post game conference with Carroll learning this reality check much to late?? Hesters response was a smile and saying hes happy with the green light..

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just have to wait and see. It also helps that the Seahawks have one of the worse ST.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We just have to wait and see. It also helps that the Seahawks have one of the worse ST.

I would like to see 3 Kick returns for TDs...but unfortunately after 1 they'll quick kicking to him.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
The Seahawk is a vile beast that preys on small rodents, bunnies and even other birds.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
They will directional kick and keep in away from Hester. Pete Carroll is a smart man and he is not the first person to say he will kick to Hester then come game time pooch the ball out of bounce.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They will directional kick and keep in away from Hester. Pete Carroll is a smart man and he is not the first person to say he will kick to Hester then come game time pooch the ball out of bounce.

Pretty much what I think.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is such an odd ground. Keep the ball out of the best returner ever, or kick it out of bounds thus having no confidence in your players to stop him.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yall dudes better win or the lulz will be in high gear

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, after they get burned once, they'll decide to kick away from Hester. Unfortunately for them, we do have others like Manning that aint to shabby either :)

Jeenyus

Liked Posts:
Special teams can either be a killer or a game changer for either team. The Seahawks don't have great coverage on kicks, and Carroll has had one return for a TD this year from the Bears already. I highly doubt he'll kick to Hester, but as Jysen just stated, D. Manning isn't a slouch by any means.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the Bears coverage is AS good as it normally seems, or as people talk about it for that matter. Though they haven't gotten burnt much, they have allowed a few rather lengthy returns as well. And don't forget, the Seahawks have a fairly stout KR as well.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then again... No Ones got shit on Patriots OL Dan Connolly... :smug2:

YAMALO17

Liked Posts:
[They've already been burned by Devin once you think they would've learned by now but I guess they need him to show them again. I do love to see him run but I guess I have to agree that if they do not kick to him that basically shows the coach has no confidence in his team's ability to stop him but as we have all seen this season its hard to do. GO DEVIN!! RUN BABY RUN!!

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
To everyone that keeps saying that kicking away from Hester is showing you have no confidence in your coverage team and is insulting the players. Well that is like saying if you can't run single-man coverage across the board against Tom Brady or Peyton Manning than that is telling your defense you have no confidence in them.

Devin Hester is the best return man in the history if football, there is no shame in kicking away from him. It is not disrespecting your coverage team or showing a lack of confidence, it is doing the smart thing and playing the percentages.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

THIS! We've heard this since his rookie season. They say they will kick to them and they do. The ball is either a cunt hair from going out of bounds or they put enough air under it and have him call fair catch.

Let Carroll Burnett kick a line drive to him and suffer the consequences. Hopefully Manning returns a kick for a TD that doesnt get called back on some bullshit.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Here's my opinion. Make the other team DO SOMETHING to beat you. In the playoffs, giving up almost a fifth of the field by drilling it OOB is stupid. If Hester is sooooo good, you need to make him beat you in the playoffs rather than conceding to him.

FTR, I believe Hester is the best ever at what he does. I'm just speaking from Pete Carroll's POV in the above paragraph. From a smart football standpoint, you kick to Hester. Make him dance to beat you. Don't just concede 20 yards on the punt (which is Hester's average anyways!) But I think if they do kick to Hester, he will probably crib one.

Status
Not open for further replies.