Sean Manaea (LHP) Or Frankie Montas (RHP) From Oakland?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the idea of acquiring another starter, especially Manaea, but the asking price is said to be Garrett Crochet...too much? I'm on the fence about this long term.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think they can get Manaea for less than Crochet. Montas would cost something in the Crochet neighborhood.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they can get Manaea for less than Crochet. Montas would cost something in the Crochet neighborhood.
Would you part with Vaughn for either? I like Vaughn a lot, but in the win now, I'd rather have the pitching.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Would you part with Vaughn for either? I like Vaughn a lot, but in the win now, I'd rather have the pitching.
I am not a huge fan of Vaughn but no. Only one year of control on Montas, and Manaea is more like a #4 starter with two years.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keuchel looked like Keuchel yesterday...tick tock tick tock....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Keuchel seemed pretty done by the last few months of 2021.

Kimbrel also blew yesterday, throwing his trade value into question.

To me the Sox just misallocate resources. Why spend so much on the bullpen when relief pitchers are so fickle? The top four guys are making $45 mil this year, and that doesn't count Bummer or Crochet who are back of the end guys.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keuchel seemed pretty done by the last few months of 2021.

Kimbrel also blew yesterday, throwing his trade value into question.

To me the Sox just misallocate resources. Why spend so much on the bullpen when relief pitchers are so fickle? The top four guys are making $45 mil this year, and that doesn't count Bummer or Crochet who are back of the end guys.
I was frosty about RF, but I think this team can win with a mix of Vaughn and Sheets in that position, and maybe Colas or Cespedes gets a look there to see what they can bring.
I was frosty about 2B, but I think this team can win with a platoon of Leury and Harrison.

I was and am still frosty about the starting pitching: No worries about Giolito or Lynn; I'm not close to sold on Cease until he proves it with consistency; Kopech is a complete unknown, and even if he proves durable and pitches well, he'll be limited in total innings (talk is 130); Keuchel looks done, and Rodon is gone. Reynaldo Lopez is not enough to shore up the back end of that starting rotation for a team with eyes on the WS.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was frosty about RF, but I think this team can win with a mix of Vaughn and Sheets in that position, and maybe Colas or Cespedes gets a look there to see what they can bring.
I was frosty about 2B, but I think this team can win with a platoon of Leury and Harrison.

I was and am still frosty about the starting pitching: No worries about Giolito or Lynn; I'm not close to sold on Cease until he proves it with consistency; Kopech is a complete unknown, and even if he proves durable and pitches well, he'll be limited in total innings (talk is 130); Keuchel looks done, and Rodon is gone. Reynaldo Lopez is not enough to shore up the back end of that starting rotation for a team with eyes on the WS.
That RF combo puts a lot on our prize young CF in the field day in and day out. I guess Engel will get some starts there.

I thought they could have upgraded 2B a bit more than Harrison, especially with no RF signing. I guess I would have like to see one bigger upgrade between those two positions.

But by far a legit starting pitcher would be the best allocation of resources, no doubt.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Could they be looking at the trade market to fix get over the top since they’ve been so lethargic in fa? Or are they just happy to be a playoff team?