Searching for the second favorite

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely the Bills for me.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Showing my age, but back in the 70s the Bears absolutely sucked ass and the Raiders and Steelers were going at it, so I wound up having a soft spot for the Raiders. Yeah, I know it’s not anywhere near the same now, but, old habits die hard…

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I live in Maryland, so I have adopted the Ravens as my second/AFC team. It doesn't hurt that they have won 2 SBs......

Both of those SB wins by the Ravens were similar to the Bears, as they rode the Defense, that 2000 Ravens defense was arguably as good as the 85 Bears (blaspheme I know), but not quite as exciting.

I watch that 2000 team go 5 straight games without scoring an offensive TD and they managed to win 2 of those games and finished the season 12-4 record.

That was the famous Trent Dilfer offense........

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in Maryland, so I have adopted the Ravens as my second/AFC team. It doesn't hurt that they have won 2 SBs......

Both of those SB wins by the Ravens were similar to the Bears, as they rode the Defense, that 2000 Ravens defense was arguably as good as the 85 Bears (blaspheme I know), but not quite as exciting.

I watch that 2000 team go 5 straight games without scoring an offensive TD and they managed to win 2 of those games and finished the season 12-4 record.

That was the famous Trent Dilfer offense........
Let me just say that it was immensely enjoyable watching the Ravens absolutely destroy New England in that playoff game on their way to the last Super Bowl win. Baltimore dominated them in every capacity. I hated New England then. Actually, I still hate New England.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The Ravens.

Was always a fan of their defenses going back to the early 2000s. I was rooting for them on their last Superbowl run so Ed Reed could finally get a ring.

Now they're fun to watch because of Lamar Jackson.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
St Louis Cardinals

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bills were my 2nd team as a kid, and always will be.

As a football fan, I was mostly unhappy the last 30 years lol.

rextc

Liked Posts:
Only second favorite I ever had was Bum Phillips and the Houston Oilers in the late 70's early 80's. Pastorini, Campbell, White Shoes Johnson. Still pissed over the cheap call in the playoffs vs. the Steelers

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The raiders have always been my AFC team

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I usually pick an AFC team to root for in the playoffs when Bears season is done. Last couple of years I've been really sick of the Chiefs and was rooting for the Bills and then Bengals to beat them. Was really rooting for the Bengals in the Superbowl.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Spent a majority of my life in Virginia, but the Redskins/Commanders were always terrible and the punchline of every joke growing up.,,Eventually gave my allegiance to the Bears whereas most of my extended family grew up in Chicago. If the Commanders were to actually build their stadium into Virginia instead of Maryland I could maybe find a way to get on board. Otherwise I hate them. They receive most of their support from Virginia, but conduct business in Maryland who already have the Ravens...Largest state without an NFL team that plays in it...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Let me just say that it was immensely enjoyable watching the Ravens absolutely destroy New England in that playoff game on their way to the last Super Bowl win. Baltimore dominated them in every capacity. I hated New England then. Actually, I still hate New England.
That 2012 team was not nearly a dominate on defense as in 2000, but Joe Flacco and the offense played amazing in the playoffs. That offense was run heavy, and great play action resulting in Joe showing off his gun, and yes the offensive line was a huge reason that Joe had time to throw and the RBs had holes to run through.....

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a weirdo, but I do like weird women. Does that make me weird?