Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
US won gold.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They def. got some work to do. The world is much better now and they seem to be having issues learning to play with each other. Still should win by a mile, but could be a slip

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I've gathered the opinion of the team so far is

- Embiid looks lost
- ANT looks very good on both ends of the floor
- AD and Bam combo on defense is ridiculous
- Bench seems to outperform the starters every game

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I swear, the day all those players started revealing the details of the 1992 Dream Team, it's like every subsequent Team USA decided to make the Olympic Games into some kind of Wade Boggs game(It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia reference). No, you shouldn't be out all night partying like Jordan, play like you give a shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That South Sudan team really played their hearts out in that last exhibition. Luol Deng has made quite a respectable team there. Former WCB Carlik Jones with a triple double too

Many things for this US team to work on still

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That South Sudan team really played their hearts out in that last exhibition. Luol Deng has made quite a respectable team there. Former WCB Carlik Jones with a triple double too

Many things for this US team to work on still
LeBron saved them. Im not sure if that wasnt a foul on final possession, but Olympic rules arent the ticky tack NBA rules.

Starting 5 should be Ant, LBJ, Davis, Curry, and Holiday. Embiid just isnt flowing well with them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LeBron saved them. Im not sure if that wasnt a foul on final possession, but Olympic rules arent the ticky tack NBA rules.

Starting 5 should be Ant, LBJ, Davis, Curry, and Holiday. Embiid just isnt flowing well with them.
What's interesting is that Embiid actually tied Holiday for team high +15 vs South Sudan though. The fit doesn't really seem to be there to me still in spite of that.

If US could hit 3s earlier vs South Sudan though they wouldn't have been in so much trouble, no one was hitting at all. Meanwhile South Sudan shot 42% from 3. Gonna be hard to win against any team with that math problem

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's interesting is that Embiid actually tied Holiday for team high +15 vs South Sudan though. The fit doesn't really seem to be there to me still in spite of that.

If US could hit 3s earlier vs South Sudan though they wouldn't have been in so much trouble, no one was hitting at all. Meanwhile South Sudan shot 42% from 3. Gonna be hard to win against any team with that math problem
Yea, Im reading the Embiid may have been promised to start and Kerr seems to not trend away from that. Durant injured or just coming back makes it weird. No doubt, the world has not caught up, but isnt a cake walk like 92 anymore. They are going to need to figure some things out and get some more practice in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, Im reading the Embiid may have been promised to start and Kerr seems to not trend away from that. Durant injured or just coming back makes it weird. No doubt, the world has not caught up, but isnt a cake walk like 92 anymore. They are going to need to figure some things out and get some more practice in.
Technically, the NBA alone tells you all you need to know about how much the world has caught up. Most of the top players in the NBA aren't American. Countries starting to get nearly full rosters of NBA players and arguably a lot of them have full rosters of NBA level talent. USA definitely gotta be on their A game to win it all...been that way for a while

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically, the NBA alone tells you all you need to know about how much the world has caught up. Most of the top players in the NBA aren't American. Countries starting to get nearly full rosters of NBA players and arguably a lot of them have full rosters of NBA level talent. USA definitely gotta be on their A game to win it all...been that way for a while

Though, I guess as the US starts granting citizenship to all of the foreign players, team USA will suck them all up, as they did with Embiid haha.

I think many of them are proud to represent their native country and it's unlikely to happen, but also, some come from countries that realistically stand no shot, so may as well win the gold with the USA.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Though, I guess as the US starts granting citizenship to all of the foreign players, team USA will suck them all up, as they did with Embiid haha.

I think many of them are proud to represent their native country and it's unlikely to happen, but also, some come from countries that realistically stand no shot, so may as well win the gold with the USA.
The other side of that coin, lot of quality players that will have no chance to make Team USA or even the select team, but they'll get featured playing for another country so they might actually be more inclined to still play for their home countries (or country where they're eligible by heritage). The Bahamian team is on the come up because of that.

Embiid is a funny case because he has like triple citizenship or something. Idk how many superstars will have eligibility like he does