Shall the faith continue?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol bro, chill. The answer is that you should know that shit happens with pro sports. If none of these players want to come here then screw em.

If nothing does happen... one man would be to blame.... Jerry Reinsdorf

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
If nothing does happen... one man would be to blame.... Jerry Reinsdorf
It's obvious he's willing to pay for a winner. If the top FA's sign elsewhere, you can't say Reinsdorf should be blamed. It all comes down to what these guys want. Reinsdorf can't control free will.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's obvious he's willing to pay for a winner. If the top FA's sign elsewhere, you can't say Reinsdorf should be blamed. It all comes down to what these guys want. Reinsdorf can't control free will.

I'll certainly blame him for not hiring Byron Scott. James has said that he wanted a guy who will hold people accountable AND a guy who has played in the league. I think Thibodeau has potential and puts an emphasis on defense, but Byron Scott is a proven winner. He wants his teams to defend AND he wants to get out and run. Mike Brown wanted the opposite...

LeBron might be un-wise not to re-sign with Cleveland... I think in that kind of an offense, his stats might get even scarier...

And let's face it.
JR's cheapness was the reason the Bulls went from best to worst team in the NBA in 1998-99.
JR's cheapness was the reason the Bulls traded away Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.
JR's cheapness is why we hired Del Negro instead of a coach with ANY coaching experience.

and now JR's cheapness is why the Bulls picked a 20-yr assistant coach, that nobody wanted to hire every year prior, to coach the Bulls now: cheaper than Scott.

Thibodeau has been called a natural assistant coach. It takes a great manager of egos to win it all with a lot of star power. We're going to find out just how smart/dumb JR really is over this summer, and next season...

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I'll certainly blame him for not hiring Byron Scott. James has said that he wanted a guy who will hold people accountable AND a guy who has played in the league. I think Thibodeau has potential and puts an emphasis on defense, but Byron Scott is a proven winner. He wants his teams to defend AND he wants to get out and run. Mike Brown wanted the opposite...

First of all, the Bulls hired Thibodeau before Lebron even came out and said he wanted an ex-player for a coach. Second, what makes you assume Thibodeau will not hold guys accountable? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will be walked on.

Besides, do you not remember the hype around Thibodeau signing with WWW? Everybody including Reinsdorf thought it was a good idea at the time, again, before Lebron gave any specifics on what his ideal coach would be.

Scott is more proven and I would've loved to have him, but the Thibodeau hiring doesn't make me lose any sleep.

And let's face it.
JR's cheapness was the reason the Bulls went from best to worst team in the NBA in 1998-99.
JR's cheapness was the reason the Bulls traded away Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.
JR's cheapness is why we hired Del Negro instead of a coach with ANY coaching experience.

"JR's cheapness was the reason the Bulls traded away Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas", wait, there's a reason teams have GMs. Too bad the Bulls front office couldn't see into the future, because that's what you seem to expect. The draft is hit or miss. At the time, I remember a lot of people thinking Tyrus had much more upside for the NBA game.

I have no idea why you think that was somehow a sign of cheapness anyway. There are so many better examples. Reinsdorf has been cheap in the past, but it's obvious he's willing to spend the money now. He's sitting on a chance to win and is recruiting the top free agents to the best of his ability.

And as for the Bulls going from the best to worst team in 1998-99, Krause had a lot to do with that also.

Thibodeau has been called a natural assistant coach. It takes a great manager of egos to win it all with a lot of star power. We're going to find out just how smart/dumb JR really is over this summer, and next season...
Thibodeau has also been called a great basketball mind by those who know and have worked with him. You can pick and choose what people he has been called. We'll see what he's about soon enough.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All valid points- especially about Krause. I still have to stand behind what I said though. I still think Byron Scott was the best choice, even though Thibideau seemed like the 2nd best choice to me of everyone available. And yeah, there were much better examples of Reinsdorf penny-pinching, but those few things I listed make me :smh: the most.

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:
All valid points- especially about Krause. I still have to stand behind what I said though. I still think Byron Scott was the best choice, even though Thibideau seemed like the 2nd best choice to me of everyone available. And yeah, there were much better examples of Reinsdorf penny-pinching, but those few things I listed make me :smh: the most.

JR is a racist. How many black head coaches has he hired?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JR is a racist. How many black head coaches has he hired?

Racist isn't a term I just toss out there. As I re-call, Bill Cartwright was the head coach of the Bulls back around 2002ish, and Pete Myers was an interm coach after Floyd left (I think).

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:
Racist isn't a term I just toss out there. As I re-call, Bill Cartwright was the head coach of the Bulls back around 2002ish, and Pete Myers was an interm coach after Floyd left (I think).

Interim coaches don't count and Cartwright was probably all they could get after the disaster that was Tim Floyd. Plus he was a former player. It just seems to me like the Bulls don't take strong black coaches seriously. I don't get it.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interim coaches don't count and Cartwright was probably all they could get after the disaster that was Tim Floyd. Plus he was a former player. It just seems to me like the Bulls don't take strong black coaches seriously. I don't get it.

Well, I really don't think race necessarily has anything to do with it. If it does, it's on a very subconsious level. 3 years ago, they picked Vinny over Avery because Vinny was cheaper. I'm pretty damn sure that's why they picked Thibs over Byron Scott this time around.

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:
Well, I really don't think race necessarily has anything to do with it. If it does, it's on a very subconsious level. 3 years ago, they picked Vinny over Avery because Vinny was cheaper. I'm pretty damn sure that's why they picked Thibs over Byron Scott this time around.

I'm sure he was cheaper but I doubt Scott was commanding such a huge salary. I know everyone considers him a strong coach but he hasn't won anything so I can't imagine his cost could have been that extreme.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
I'd take Thibs over Scott everytime. Scott's good coach but he is just not as good with his X's & O's as Thibs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Thibs over Scott everytime. Scott's good coach but he is just not as good with his X's & O's as Thibs.

X's and O's aren't everything. And I can't say I know Thibs well enough to make that judgement. Some guys can be geniuses (like Tex Winter) who were always meant to be assistants.

Last edited:

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Yes, your right..but also take this into consideration. Scott has coached a good Nets team to the finals only to be stomped by the Lakers. He also has coached a quick & talented Hornets team, only to finish below expectations.

IMHO, winning coach of the year in the NBA is a tad overrated. (i.e., Avery Johnson, Mike Brown)

Yes, Thibs was only an assist, but a assistant who is a great mind on defense. He also won a ring doing so. Can Scott say any of that? No.

I guess I just believe in Thibs more because what he's done has actually paid off.

Last edited: