Shot differential

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Heard on NHL Radio just now, when Hawks are outshot in this year's playoffs, they are 11-1. When they outshoot the opponent, they are 2-5. Twice shots have been even (they didn't give the record for those two).

They credit it to them running on fumes and just being "winners", always finding a way, even when they're not playing their best.

If they pull this off, it won't be the best of the three recent champs, but it may be the most impressive run.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Figure if the teams winning more while being outshot that some of that credit should go to goalkeeping. But i guess Craw isnt a " winner"

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard on NHL Radio just now, when Hawks are outshot in this year's playoffs, they are 11-1. When they outshoot the opponent, they are 2-5. Twice shots have been even (they didn't give the record for those two).

They credit it to them running on fumes and just being "winners", always finding a way, even when they're not playing their best.

If they pull this off, it won't be the best of the three recent champs, but it may be the most impressive run.

For those curious we were 1-1 when we shots were even. (Won Game 2 against the Wild, lost Game 5 against the Ducks)

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Could a part of it be that when a team gets in front, it puts the brakes on and more often than not, pulls out the win.

Conversely, teams that are down throw a flurry of shots at the net because they're desperate. Even so, they tend to lose.

Makes sense.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Well missed shots and posts dont register as shots on the stats sheet either. Just because the stats say a team is being outshot doesnt mean that a team isnt generating chances. Hawks shoot a lot but they also miss a lot. Sharp a lone misses 5 shots a game. Duncs misses his fair share (although 90% of his shots are actually shot passes)

Careful with stats and correlations kiddies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They're a team that tries to set up plays more than just shoot it. So that has a factor into these scenarios.

Yeah I as surprised it was said they had 2 shots in period 1 of game 4 but it was since several chances they had were deflected wide or dinning the post. It's good chances that get unaccounted for.

They have gotten more shots down in the 3rd periods when they just start firing blasts more or not. It's just a bizarre skewed cause like passing/running in the NFL. The team with the lead late in the game is more likely running and the team without it is more likely throwing so the totals are gonna get reflected.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Well missed shots and posts dont register as shots on the stats sheet either. Just because the stats say a team is being outshot doesnt mean that a team isnt generating chances. Hawks shoot a lot but they also miss a lot. Sharp a lone misses 5 shots a game. Duncs misses his fair share (although 90% of his shots are actually shot passes)

Careful with stats and correlations kiddies.

That goes for goalies, too. When they leave the cage wide open and a defender blocks a would be goal, or the opponent shanks one, his stats don't suffer, even though he was caught with his pants down.

TCD

Liked Posts:
That goes for goalies, too. When they leave the cage wide open and a defender blocks a would be goal, or the opponent shanks one, his stats don't suffer, even though he was caught with his pants down.

Indeed. Never said it didnt. That has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. I look at goalie stats as much as i look at my grandma nude. Unless its for the game of bgitw. But the bgitw is always the guy that lifts the cup. Even niemi was once the bgitw.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed. Never said it didnt. That has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. I look at goalie stats as much as i look at my grandma nude. Unless its for the game of bgitw. But the bgitw is always the guy that lifts the cup. Even niemi was once the bgitw.

Forget Niemi, can you believe that Cam Ward was once the BGITW?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Resiliency and good goaltending.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're now 12-1 when getting outshot.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are now 15-0 when scoring more goals than the opposing team.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.