Should the Bears Sign Brandon Weeden?

Should the Bears Sign Brandon Weeden?

• Total voters

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Before you bash Weeden on how terrible he is, you should give him a chance. He probably just wasn't in the right system for him to excel. According to David Haugh from the Chicago Tribune, there could be interest in Weeden from the Bears thanks to head coach Marc Trestman’s love for the Oklahoma State product a few years ago.

Reports that Browns to release QB Brandon Weeden should pique Bears’ interest: Trestman tutored Weeden before 2012 NFL draft, liked him.

— David Haugh (@DavidHaugh) March 12, 2014

The Bears recently signed Jordan Palmer to be a backup quarterback and they lost Josh McCown to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which means there could be a need for a solid backup. Palmer knows the system but Weeden is a starting caliber talent who seems to work better as a backup.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think this is a smart move...why because Palmer is pathetic.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I don't think Palmer is the answer, but that doesn't mean we need Weeden either. Bring in someone young and let Trestman show off why he's known as a QB guru.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Hell no, he's like 30 already. We have a veteran already. Time to develop a rookie.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think Palmer is the answer, but that doesn't mean we need Weeden either. Bring in someone young and let Trestman show off why he's known as a QB guru.

Huh.. Trestmans guru status is mainly from working to get boosted play out of veterans and not have youthful success.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
IMO, the Bears should sign potential UDFA QB Keith Price out of Washington:

STRENGTHS: Scouts need not look much further down I-5 to see an undersized dual-threat passer in the Seahawks' Russell Wilson. Price is similarly light on his feet, showing good elusiveness to buy time in the pocket, as well as rolling out. He possesses adequate arm strength and throws a tight-spinning ball with good accuracy. Excellent mobility and toughness in buying time in the pocket, as well as scrambling, when necessary.

WEAKNESSES: Undersized at only 6-feet-1 and a shade over 202 pounds. Good, but not elite arm strength.

NFL Comparison: Russell Wilson, Seahawks

[video=youtube;QWL2mcK3qXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWL2mcK3qXY&edufilter=Db24N54Eu_vpe4P65Iz5Fa&safe=active[/video]

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Huh.. Trestmans guru status is mainly from working to get boosted play out of veterans and not have youthful success.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Either way, Palmer is 29 and Weeden is 30. I'd rather have some 24 year old brought in, even if he was undrafted.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either way, Palmer is 29 and Weeden is 30. I'd rather have some 24 year old brought in, even if he was undrafted.

I wouldn't mind this either...because we all damn well know, whoever it is will look better than old Cutler

jayzyikes_zps39c92a39.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

See what I started there lol

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I seriously had do rewind the draft when they said he was already 28 or whatever. I was like, huh? The guy played college football...at 27-28 years old? wtf. That was a horrible pic by Holmgren; talk about desperation

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I think Palmer will do just fine. I actually think he can duplicate McCown's performance. I honestly think that with Trestman guiding him. At least with the minimum turnovers. You guys have to remember that this is the backup quarterback. It's not going to be an All Star player. He wouldn't be a back up and getting paid way less than a starter if that wasn't the case. You just need someone that won't lose you games as a back up. Manages the game and in order to win with the back up QB, we need to "get of the bus running".

Brandon Weeden can be good too as a back up. As long as Trestman works his magic and teaches Weeden to take less risks. Unless of course we need him to sling it because we are down and we need a comeback and well you take the risk there.

Weeden risks throws more and makes more bad decisions than Palmer. That's why he has a lot of turnovers. If Trestman can tame that, then Weeden could make a good back up. I'm good with either guy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Palmer will do just fine. I actually think he can duplicate McCown's performance. I honestly think that with Trestman guiding him. At least with the minimum turnovers. You guys have to remember that this is the backup quarterback. It's not going to be an All Star player. He wouldn't be a back up and getting paid way less than a starter if that wasn't the case. You just need someone that won't lose you games as a back up. Manages the game and in order to win with the back up QB, we need to "get of the bus running".

Brandon Weeden can be good too as a back up. As long as Trestman works his magic and teaches Weeden to take less risks. Unless of course we need him to sling it because we are down and we need a comeback and well you take the risk there.

Weeden risks throws more and makes more bad decisions than Palmer. That's why he has a lot of turnovers. If Trestman can tame that, then Weeden could make a good back up. I'm good with either guy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

whatever.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No gingers at QB for me