Should the Bears start the no cleats trend?

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
Every year thousands of players get hurt from the turf injuries. The league is smarter and adjusting and soon players will not wear cleats or shoes. Should the bears be one of the leaders in the movement to prevent cleats?

Pros : less injuries, turf toe is no longer an issue, field maintenance issues are non existent and cheap, domes can go back to real grass, advertisements on socks

cons: adjustment period, slowergame speeds, slippery when wet, change of socks willbe constant on rain games causing more advertising, snow games could increase frost bite, loss of balance due to over tape of socks, kickers cannot make kicks over 25 yards, kick offs need to be re thought, Nike pulls sponsorships

If the bears are a leader in the movement, I could see players like David Mountgomery, Charles Leno, Eddie Goldman being leaders. We all know it’s going to happen at some point, why not get the conversation going early?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
iN3rcs2.gif

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Every year thousands of players get hurt from the turf injuries. The league is smarter and adjusting and soon players will not wear cleats or shoes. Should the bears be one of the leaders in the movement to prevent cleats?

Pros : less injuries, turf toe is no longer an issue, field maintenance issues are non existent and cheap, domes can go back to real grass, advertisements on socks

cons: adjustment period, slowergame speeds, slippery when wet, change of socks willbe constant on rain games causing more advertising, snow games could increase frost bite, loss of balance due to over tape of socks, kickers cannot make kicks over 25 yards, kick offs need to be re thought, Nike pulls sponsorships

If the bears are a leader in the movement, I could see players like David Mountgomery, Charles Leno, Eddie Goldman being leaders. We all know it’s going to happen at some point, why not get the conversation going early?
what did doc sign you up for?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Advertisements on socks and in-game frostbite toe amputations make this idea impossible to argue against.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I am thinking you might be misunderstanding the term "decleating."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was telling a guy the other day how I thought it was stupid that NFL players wore shoes.

Great minds think alike.

Crazy, I was just thinking yesterday, "you know what the NFL really needs less of? Cleats."

greg23

Liked Posts:
Kickers already tried this in the 70's and 80's

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kickers already tried this in the 70's and 80's
I didn’t understand how kickers at that times kicked barefoot a football in 5 degree weather. That ball would’ve been hard as a rock. Might’ve broken toes.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It looked like Kyle Long started this trend a couple years ago.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I didn’t understand how kickers at that times kicked barefoot a football in 5 degree weather. That ball would’ve been hard as a rock. Might’ve broken toes.
The trick was not having any toes

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

What drugs are you on