1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Name: Chris Campoli
2010-2011 Stats: Chris Campoli, Blackhawks - Stats - NHL.com - Players

State Your Choice (Re-Sign/Don't Re-Sign), and explain why

For salary purposes, obviously we dont know what he is asking, so if you vote to re-sign him, ALSO INCLUDE WHAT YOU WOULD RE-SIGN HIM FOR

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade him. Not really a fan of his.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
While he's played fairly well in his limited time here, I didn't completely understand why he was brought here in the first place. If there's a deal to ship Soupy off, I'd like to see him retained. If there no deal that moves Soupy, I have a tough time accepting a bottom pairing PMD who will have a cap hit around 2 mil on a cap-strapped team. That's a luxury that seems unaffordable at the start of a season where "cap savings" haven't had a chance to mount up.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm on the fence on this one..

One that I don't think we desperately need.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
based on our defense last year, I like what he did..

if he takes 1.75 or less, then im all for it..

If he wants 2 mil...MAYBE

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
This (actually all of these threads) end up involving the team composition as a whole (as well as the cap, naturally).

Are you the commenter a solid top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen guy or do ypu take a broader brush approach.

In effect it is team composition philosophical question.

With that in mind, it sort of depends, -if the team can move Hjarlmarsson then you keep Campioli as a depth guy (not sure of what he shoots -don't want to look it up -too early here) - the natural pairing, based upon the style reported - would be to pair him with Seabrook.

I suppose then in that sort of scheme you run the 3 defense pairings based upon one solid guy:

Keith
Campbell
Seabrook

Or at least have that flexibility to go that route if needed.

So what do I say - well actually, I suppose like the Brouwer one -- it all depends upon what else might be up.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
This (actually all of these threads) end up involving the team composition as a whole (as well as the cap, naturally).

Are you the commenter a solid top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen guy or do ypu take a broader brush approach.

In effect it is team composition philosophical question.

With that in mind, it sort of depends, -if the team can move Hjarlmarsson then you keep Campioli as a depth guy (not sure of what he shoots -don't want to look it up -too early here) - the natural pairing, based upon the style reported - would be to pair him with Seabrook.

I suppose then in that sort of scheme you run the 3 defense pairings based upon one solid guy:

Keith
Campbell
Seabrook

Or at least have that flexibility to go that route if needed.

So what do I say - well actually, I suppose like the Brouwer one -- it all depends upon what else might be up.

Aye. Which makes it quite difficult to judge. It's like taking a pinch of spice and tasting it completely separate from the meal it goes on--or not even knowing what the meal is. Or, I've had a few drinks making a bad simile.

However, it's for the fun of it and that's why I think T-Bo is posing these questions...and to quash a lull in the off-season.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Well thanks for that Iago -- but it does show you that I post so infrequently anymore that... I failed to get nominated (for some reason that makes sense to me .. :) ).

Well who knows- busy offseason coming up.

__

I should say, though, that I wasn't meaning to come off like I was getting on Tbo - but only was explaining why it made it tough for me to vote yea or nay.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Aye. Which makes it quite difficult to judge. It's like taking a pinch of spice and tasting it completely separate from the meal it goes on--or not even knowing what the meal is. Or, I've had a few drinks making a bad simile.

However, it's for the fun of it and that's why I think T-Bo is posing these questions...and to quash a lull in the off-season.

Pretty much....I mean it is dead quiet in here. lol

Also, this is a critical offseason for the Hawks IMO...we have a little more cap flexibility, and with our core retained again, and no goalie worries to deal with, I think we can make a deep run this year

And not as a slight against the posters who were nominated as "posters who you'd wish post more," SC ought have been on that list. We Hawks/hockey fans know where we stand in terms of the "Big Four."
I agree...Southern Cross is one of the best Hawks posters here
Well thanks for that Iago -- but it does show you that I post so infrequently anymore that... I failed to get nominated (for some reason that makes sense to me .. :) ).

Well who knows- busy offseason coming up.

__

I should say, though, that I wasn't meaning to come off like I was getting on Tbo - but only was explaining why it made it tough for me to vote yea or nay.

I didnt take anything you said negatively..I understood what you were trying to say...no worries

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIjkVn_ro0g]YouTube - ‪Don't You Wanna Stay - Jason Aldean (ft. Kelly Clarkson)‬‏[/ame]

Stay, barring the Blackhawks trade Hjalmerson or any d-man.

Solid defenseman.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I missed this somehow, but I love Chris Campoli and what he brings to the team. He really stepped up his game this season after we picked him up. He was solid on both the PK and the PP units. He is a good puck mover, and our offense always works better when our defenders look to skate the puck up the ice.

krazyhawk

Liked Posts:
I say keep him at 1.75-1.85.He is worth that and his style fits the Hawks well.If he wants more then either sign and trade or let him walk.He was a major improvement over the prevoius 5/6/7th dmen and with a full season there,he just might put up some numbers that will surprise people.