Should we trade for a hitter or a pitcher?

What should we add?

• Pitcher

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Hitter

• Both

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Neither

• Total voters

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
So, what is it? I think either or both would be good. What if Hudson sucks it up? And if Beckham can turn it around soon, that is basically like adding another bat. I'd say we should add another arm.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
No, you don't add anything to this team at this point, at least not through a trade. If you want to call some guys up to see what they have, fine, but with Peavy down there is little point to sacrificing the entire farm system to bring in someone of note.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If we're going to get one, go for an arm. Pitching is what wins championships.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I would like to add a hitter, but i would really hate to deplete our already thin farm system in a year where we really dont have a chance at a championship

If we can add a good long-term piece, i might feel differently

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I would like to add a hitter, but i would really hate to deplete our already thin farm system in a year where we really dont have a chance at a championship

If we can add a good long-term piece, i might feel differently

Exactly, it depends on what is available. A "win now" type of player that is at or near the downside of his career? No thanks. An young MLB-ready prospect/current contributor? We'll talk.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
if we went after a player I would like a 3b LH .300+ hitter then we could send Vayan back down because for this kid to truly develop he must play everyday. Teahballs is not the answer and Vizquel can't do it everyday anymore. I know Jones has been hitting the last few games but I would still like to trade/release him and bring up DeAza as well and as far as pitching you boys are going to love Hudson the kid has what it takes to play in the show ya'll remember I said it about this kid and these moves might not cost us much at all...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Guys need someone to replace Peavy, unless you guys already have someone who is a proven starter already filling in.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
id say now go for a westbrook type pitcher and either of the following: berkman, dunn, and the impossible prince.