So....I was right about Stalberg

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reality check: I told you he sucks & I was right.
smoking-smiley-5411.gif

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's certainly been a bust so far. I don't know if he's still feeling whatever his injury was, but since coming back, he's been extra invisible on the ice.

Hope he pulls it together sometime soon.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Ah yeah -- maybe wondering why Skille was scratched in favor of Stalberg -since they both allegedly have the same function might have been a more valid comparison.

A bust? Who was banking on Stalberg? The team had to cut salary- when you do that you generally have to take what you get ... if it works out -then great if not ... well, welcome to whatever Calgary gave the Hawks to acquire Adrian Aucoin. I think it was a Daryl Sutter autographed napkin wasn't it?

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont see why he is getting all this hate. This is going to be his first full NHL season. Also should take into account some of his linemates on the year. He probably isn't going to produce with John Scott or Jake Dowell. When on the 3rd line aka Checking Line, you really dont focus on an offensive game, you come out prepared to shut down the other teams top line.

In 40 games last year with the Leafs, Stalberg put up 14 points. He has done that in 35 with the Hawks, he is still developing into a full time NHL player, give it time, players just dont develope over night

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Icehog makes a valid point. Linemates have a big influence on production- both negative and positive. As a speed winger, playing with a fists guy -isn't going to result in much production for the speed guy -since it will basically mean there are 2 wingers for the opposing teams to focus on.

It is a tough season when the top guys are out -as an offensively minded younger guy is not going to learn much while playing with a goon. In fact, it is a little weird to even have that as an actual line, and not just spare forwards to plug in to situations and provide other guys a break -the result is a little less cohesive amount of ice time overall for the forwards involved.

Generally the "4th line" plug in type of guys set up for a given team gets done with established vets -since there is a big adjustment to playing a part time role on a team --in baseball it is the same reason that you will find vets that specialize in pinch hitting... but not younger guys -- seems to Special person their career progress a bit. In this case - well, the team needs bodies. It is just the way it is -- and with a top guy out ever game (more or less) -it makes things that much tougher to manage.

While it may suck after last season ... it is what it is ... a cap stressed team with injuries, and less depth. It isn't the first time in history this sort of thing has ever happened -and it won't be the last.

What did you think you had, a dynasty or something? This ain't the video arcade.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
His problem is playing consistently, and that is an issue with almost every young player at the start of thier NHL careers. At times he has played with Toews and Kane and looked like he belonged. He does go invisible for stretches but that is part of the growing pains with young players. He has all the tools and skills to be a good player I think he needs a more consistent effort. I think some of you have too high of expectations out of Stalberg at this point in his career.

jservs7

Liked Posts:
My problem with Stalberg is that he has nothing to contribute to the team right now. On a team full of flash and "possible" scoring threats along with a farm system full of developing players, IMO, he's just taking up a roster spot where a more defensive minded/face-off winning player could be taking up if we ever find one.

The questions are: Would the Hawks plan on signing him next year for the right price when we have more important players to sign? And, if not, is there a market for him right now for a player we could use for a possible playoff run this year?

With that said, my opinion of Stal is in my newly created sig. Hope he proves me wrong.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL that sig is awesome jervs7

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Were you right that he turned 25 yesterday? Just a fact, just a fact.