So remember in the off season when the cubs crazily asked for Upton/Heyward for Shark

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Reportedly anyways....

Well it appears the cubs aren't the only crazy team. Basically the Astros had a leak of data which you can see here
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/06/astros-trade-discussion-notes-leaked.html

Notes for the Astros’ summer trade discussions begin at June 16th, 2013. The team ultimately went on to acquire Ronald Torreyes from the Cubs in June, and also dealt veterans Jose Veras, Bud Norris, and Justin Maxwell near the July deadline. The Astros did not end up acquiring any top 100-type prospects, but they sure did ask for the moon. For Norris, the Astros sought Kyle Crick and Clayton Blackburn from the Giants, Dylan Bundy or Kevin Gausman from the Orioles, Marcus Stroman and more from the Blue Jays, Xander Bogaerts, Allen Webster, Jackie Bradley Jr., or Garin Cecchini from the Red Sox, and Tyler Glasnow plus Luis Heredia or Nick Kingham from the Pirates.

Yeah that was for Bud friggen Norris

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thats how bad our offense is

So then why is he 2-7 and the rest of the rotation 24-20.

June he has regressed after getting no run support early on.

Every thing should balance but when the O started producing he went south.

If Jackson can win 5 games with this O why can Shark not? Hammel has regressed also. So not just pointing the finger at Shark but the reality is you look at the starters over all and Shark is 2-7 and the next worse is 5-8. The other 3 are over .500.

Meh thinks Shark is over rated

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Arrieta has been the ace over a month now. He has been pitching like an ace. He has shut team's O down completely. He is 5-1 to show for it.

My opinion is Shark is not an ace. He has ace stuff but he is not putting up wins like ace's do. Regardless of the run production.

TWTW.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arrieta has been the ace over a month now. He has been pitching like an ace. He has shut team's O down completely. He is 5-1 to show for it.

My opinion is Shark is not an ace. He has ace stuff but he is not putting up wins like ace's do. Regardless of the run production.

TWTW.
not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Jackson can win 5 games with this O why can Shark not? Hammel has regressed also. So not just pointing the finger at Shark but the reality is you look at the starters over all and Shark is 2-7 and the next worse is 5-8. The other 3 are over .500.

In Shark's 7 losses...

4/5 - 0 runs scored
4/18 - 1 run scored
4/29 - 2 runs scored
5/16 - 3 runs scored
6/1 - 0 runs scored
6/12 - 0 runs scored
6/28 - 2 runs scored

8 runs in 7 losses. So I'm going to say that the O hasn't started to produce.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I saw loss 7 vs Nats: 5 ER's.
Loss 6 vs Bucks 4 ER
Loss 5 vs Crew 8 ER
Loss 4 vs crew 2 ER (errors plagued that game)

I did not go further back.

Regardless you can point the finger at the O but he has not been this stud as everyone wants to bow down to.

Sure the pen sucked for him early on and he took some N/D and tough luck losses in Apr/May. June he has sucked.

He has given up 20 ER's this month. 8 in 1 game.

1-3 2 ND. 2 ND were tough luck. 3 losses were not quality starts. Win was.

So 50% quality start rate for June.

Don't point the finger at the O. He was not stellar that month.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But I get it. Cubs have 2 guys worth keeping on O.

Point is the rest of the starters have found ways to win on their games.

The Will To Win is old world but has value in a saber world.

Comes down to competition. If your teams is not scoring you know you have to be perfect. Putting up a non quality start 50% of the time the blame is on the starter.

That 8 run loss. Grimm gave up - run then the pen held the rest of that game. Shark sucked that game. No amount of run support would have changed that.

Things should get better but I'm not sold With shark having an Ace mentality. I'm guessing Theo feels the same way because he is not willing to give him ace money.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But I get it. Cubs have 2 guys worth keeping on O.

Point is the rest of the starters have found ways to win on their games.

The Will To Win is old world but has value in a saber world.

Comes down to competition. If your teams is not scoring you know you have to be perfect. Putting up a non quality start 50% of the time the blame is on the starter.

That 8 run loss. Grimm gave up - run then the pen held the rest of that game. Shark sucked that game. No amount of run support would have changed that.

Things should get better but I'm not sold With shark having an Ace mentality. I'm guessing Theo feels the same way because he is not willing to give him ace money.

No one is saying he didn't suck that one game. It doesn't change that he doesn't get run support.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
HAHAHA by far the dumbest post I think I have ever seen. You know he had an insane ERA of like 2.60 and Whip under 1. the most of the season to this point right?

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I saw loss 7 vs Nats: 5 ER's.
Loss 6 vs Bucks 4 ER
Loss 5 vs Crew 8 ER
Loss 4 vs crew 2 ER (errors plagued that game)

I did not go further back.

Regardless you can point the finger at the O but he has not been this stud as everyone wants to bow down to.

Sure the pen sucked for him early on and he took some N/D and tough luck losses in Apr/May. June he has sucked.

He has given up 20 ER's this month. 8 in 1 game.

1-3 2 ND. 2 ND were tough luck. 3 losses were not quality starts. Win was.

So 50% quality start rate for June.

Don't point the finger at the O. He was not stellar that month.