Some In Bulls Org. Worried About Rose w/o Gordon

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I am hoping the Bulls will be fine, but we'll have more of an idea of what they will pay for losing him after our 3 or 4 losses against the Pistons this year. In those 4 games I'm guessing he'll average about 32 to 33 points per game but hey, we'll only have to deal with this for the next 5 years. Just his lil' reminder to Reinsdouche and all the haters. I'm sure we'll see plenty of the "A-Ok/Sniper Scope" and maybe a nut grab or two after a game winning buzzer beater.

The Pistons team is not as good as the Bulls and may be a lottery team. They don't have a true point guard, their only true SG is getting old and growing Moses' beard (not Malone either, dude that freed the Jews...). I think the frontcourt has no one to fill the void of either McDyess or Rasheed, and then they bring ol' Big Ben back, for old times sake. Like I said, the Bulls will be fine.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Re:Some In Bulls Org. Worried About Rose w/o Gordo

houheffna wrote:
I am hoping the Bulls will be fine, but we'll have more of an idea of what they will pay for losing him after our 3 or 4 losses against the Pistons this year. In those 4 games I'm guessing he'll average about 32 to 33 points per game but hey, we'll only have to deal with this for the next 5 years. Just his lil' reminder to Reinsdouche and all the haters. I'm sure we'll see plenty of the "A-Ok/Sniper Scope" and maybe a nut grab or two after a game winning buzzer beater.

The Pistons team is not as good as the Bulls and may be a lottery team. They don't have a true point guard, their only true SG is getting old and growing Moses' beard (not Malone either, dude that freed the Jews...). I think the frontcourt has no one to fill the void of either McDyess or Rasheed, and then they bring ol' Big Ben back, for old times sake. Like I said, the Bulls will be fine.[/quote

dude what the he'll are you talking about? Haha the Pistons will definantly suck, no doubt about that. it makes me sas that Ben was such a big part of the Bulls getting good again and he won't be here when we get really good. he will be stuck in a awful city, with a crappy team.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

Well said. I agree, there are really no positives from my perspective of letting bg go. I hope managment knows what we are doing, because they will look AWFUL if we suck.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

mlewinth wrote:
houheffna wrote:

The Pistons team is not as good as the Bulls and may be a lottery team. They don't have a true point guard, their only true SG is getting old and growing Moses' beard (not Malone either, dude that freed the Jews...). I think the frontcourt has no one to fill the void of either McDyess or Rasheed, and then they bring ol' Big Ben back, for old times sake. Like I said, the Bulls will be fine.[/quote

dude what the he'll are you talking about? Haha the Pistons will definantly suck, no doubt about that. it makes me sas that Ben was such a big part of the Bulls getting good again and he won't be here when we get really good. he will be stuck in a awful city, with a crappy team.

I don't think the Pistons will suck. They will be a bubble playoff team like us and probably make it. They are a younger vet team that is deep and they really didn't lose that much. Sheed didn't care at all this past year and Charlie V can make up for his offensive production. McDyess is the one that they will miss, he really helped them out but I think a platoon of Maxiell, Ben Wallace and Brown can be marginable. BG is a huge plus and their wings can all spread the floor and score. Their big mistake was giving rip that extenstion. If they didn't do that they could have traded rip for a okafor, tc or boozer and had a much better end result.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I think the Pistons frontcourt is abysmal, they were really down on Maxiell last year. Figured he didn't contribute enough. Rasheed can do something Charlie V can not do and may never do, play defense. That is a problem that I believe will plague them next year.

cool007

Liked Posts:

I am one of the Gordon's biggest supporters you will find anywhere but I too say that, he is gone and I would not give him about $11.5mil a year contract that he got from Pistons. I would have loved the deal for $10mil per year and would be really happy to keep him for another 5+ years.

I think losing Gordon WILL hurt but I am being optimistic. I think (and I hope) that this could be a blessing in disguise. We almost exclusively went to Gordon in clutch situations, I think that should be Rose's now. I want Rose to put it on himself now and be aggressive and not passive thinking that "Hey, I have BG next to me who I can pass it to and let him shoot and win the game for us" I would rather Rose make the play - I would rather Rose attack and decide if he wants to win the game for us or if the team doubles/triples then find an open guy.

Sorta like D-Wade. That is who I want Rose to duplicate his game by.

Also, to those saying Hinrich is a close to 40% 3pt shooter, but I don't feel comfortable with him - 1) he is JUST SO ANTI-CLUTCH that he misses clutch layups, free throws and open shots that I just don't trust him. 2) Let's say he is open and Rose passes, if it is Gordon, he shoots, but Hinrich instead of shooting, he usually resets the offense. That is what KILLS me. Then he tends to overdribble and kill the possession.

I feel much more comfortable with Salmons though and he is what makes me more optimistic. But I have seen enough of him to know that he is extremely streaky. But he does have skills to put the ball on the floor, shoot 3's and also a good enough defender with big body.

I really want to see how Rose/Salmons backcourt without BG, plays and I also want to see how Deng can get back to the rhythm from 2 years back. That can be a big bonus.

I really think we can win 45 games and I have a big expectations from Rose this year.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
I think the Pistons frontcourt is abysmal, they were really down on Maxiell last year. Figured he didn't contribute enough. Rasheed can do something Charlie V can not do and may never do, play defense. That is a problem that I believe will plague them next year.

I don't think they are abysmal, they aren't great and thats why they aren't a contender but they have all the elements represented. Charlie V can score and spread the floor, Maxiell can rebound, Brown can provide good man D and Wallace can swat shots and rebound. While they don't have any complete players, they certainly have guys who can do at least one thing well and if their coach can figure out how to use them, they can be as effective as last year imo. Certainly they aren't contenders but they are an average front court, I don't see ours being far better as well as half the teams.

I agree a 100% on Sheed. He will be much better this year because he is with a contender but seriously, ask any pistons fan, sheed hasn't done much more than jack threes in the last two years. He has had near career lows in shots per game but career highs in 3 point attempts. He hasn't done much of anything for them, he certainly didn't play in the post or defend like he did when they were contenders. I think Charlie V will have as much impact or more impact than sheed did last year. I mean his 12 and 7 averages aren't exactly impressive.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Well once again, we agree to disagree and the proof will be on the floor. I am sure some Pistons fans are as enthused as you are about their potentially being playoff contenders. Frankly if the Pistons do make the playoffs, it will be to their detriment. They need better players. I cannot profess to know how much money they will have under the cap next year, but I believe that their only way to improve will be through the draft. Being the 7th or 8th seed every year will seriously hinder this team's growth.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
Well once again, we agree to disagree and the proof will be on the floor. I am sure some Pistons fans are as enthused as you are about their potentially being playoff contenders. Frankly if the Pistons do make the playoffs, it will be to their detriment. They need better players. I cannot profess to know how much money they will have under the cap next year, but I believe that their only way to improve will be through the draft. Being the 7th or 8th seed every year will seriously hinder this team's growth.

It certainly is possible, they really made one mistake that is holding them back. If they hadn't given rip that huge extension they could have gotten the big they sorely need. I think if they would have been able to pull a expiring rip for TC or okafor or Boozer they would be a much better team. As is, they have a lot of younger vets that are entering their prime and that can score. I am not saying they will contend but I definitely would say its more likely than not that they are a 6-8 seed. I don't think that making the playoffs will hurt them, Joe Dumars knows he has to get better and will take that shot at a boozer or stat if they become available. Joe D is a good gm and I have confidence that he will field a competitive team like he always does.