Source: Brett Favre would talk to Bears

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Source -- Brett Favre would listen if Chicago Bears called - ESPN Chicago

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears' dire situation at quarterback hasn't pointed the club in the direction of future Hall of Famer Brett Favre, but a source familiar with the quarterback said Favre would listen if the Bears made a pitch.

The Bears haven't contacted the 42-year-old Favre, who has spent a good portion of his recent days hunting, and it's highly doubtful the team is interested. Even if the sides eventually touch base, it's unclear whether the Bears could lure Favre out of retirement. The source said Favre would listen, but his answer could be that he'll stay retired. The source also said Favre has been working out and staying in shape.

A call to Bears general manager Jerry Angelo was not immediately returned, but coach Lovie Smith dismissed the idea on Monday of adding a new quarterback.

"That's our group," Smith said of the three quarterbacks on the Bears' roster. "We're going to make improvements with our group. We're not looking on the outside. We won't have a quarterback tryout or anything like that."

The Bears remain hopeful Jay Cutler will return before the end of the regular season after undergoing surgery on his fractured right thumb, but Cutler said Thursday that he'll be smart about his return and may miss the rest of the season.

Speculation regarding a possible quarterback search comes in the aftermath of Chicago's 10-3 loss Sunday to the Kansas City Chiefs. In addition to completing less than 50 percent of his passes for a passer rating of 23.8, current Bears starter Caleb Hanie threw three interceptions and has thrown six picks in his last two outings -- both losses -- coming off the club's five-game winning streak with Cutler behind center.

Chicago Bears receiver Devin Hester says the team was in a state of shock when running back Matt Forte got injured. Plus, Hester says signing quarterback Donovan McNabb would be a waste of time.

Given that options are limited behind Hanie, it's believed the team is exploring the possibility of bringing in former Minnesota Vikings quarterback and Chicago native Donovan McNabb, according to a report by CSNChicago.com.

Receiver Devin Hester said on "Mike & Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio that it would be a waste of time to bring in a new quarterback at this point.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been waiting for this moment. Make it happen!!!! Favre Favre Favre!!!!!!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Too bad the Bears don't want to talk to him...

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Damn and I thought the Vikings were bad at signing aging QB's. Now the Bears want both aged ex Viking QB's? haha

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt this happens. Bears won't call. Don't think he'd help us anyway... He's done.. and he won't learn the O in time.

But if they did call and say "Want an chance to prevent the Packers from going 16-0?"

I'm sure Favre would would consider it.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won't happen, because like McNabb, he doesn't know the system but I would LOVE this. To see the old man become traitor even more and then get pounded into the turf would be a WONDERFUL christmas present :)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who cares If it's likely to happen or not. It's a topic worth discussing. Favre>Tebow>Hanie

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
It won't happen, because like McNabb, he doesn't know the system but I would LOVE this. To see the old man become traitor even more and then get pounded into the turf would be a WONDERFUL christmas present :)

How can Packer fans hate Favre so much now? He was that franchise for so long. At least he was a Jet before he bolted for Minny.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who cares If it's likely to happen or not. It's a topic worth discussing. Favre>Tebow>Hanie

Tebow a better passer than Hanie :lmao: :rolling:

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
sigh

:obama:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can Packer fans hate Favre so much now? He was that franchise for so long. At least he was a Jet before he bolted for Minny.

I'm not going to get into it, but he sabatoged the team multiple times, he was TRADED to the Jets (it wasn't his choice) and 1 year later he went to the team he wanted to go to all along - the Vikings - so he could stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers. He also called up the Lions the year he was on the Jets and gave them a bunch of insider information a week before they played the Packers.

There are many more things, but I hate him and I'll leave it at that.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
All I hear from some Bears fans is "He can win you the Christmas game..ultimate revenge".

Fuck that noise.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears-New-Quarterback2.jpg

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
In other words, he wants to end the Packers undefeated season when they play in Week 16.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
lmaoooooooooooo @ thinking Favre can still win games. He's a piece of shit. If the Bears did want that pile of garbage, I hope they let some practice squad cornerbacks play offensive line.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to get into it, but he sabatoged the team multiple times, he was TRADED to the Jets (it wasn't his choice) and 1 year later he went to the team he wanted to go to all along - the Vikings - so he could stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers. He also called up the Lions the year he was on the Jets and gave them a bunch of insider information a week before they played the Packers.

There are many more things, but I hate him and I'll leave it at that.

Haha fair enough.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks