Sox gave up on Dan Hudson too quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh.... yah.... being mad at a GM for not forming a good 5 man rotation is asinine!!!!

/sarcasm

Hudson and Gio Gonzalez should still be on this team. Evaluating a GM for just his blockbuster moves is short-sighted. A solid GM creates a solid team, even the bench players or 5th starters.

Simple as that. *rofl*

should teahan,mccarthy be on this team too? :rolleyes:

yeah KW sucks. I mean moving mccarthy for danks and masset, how has the cq trade been? how has the cuban connection been with viciedo and aram? how about sale, thornton? how about santos? but hey i get it, you are still stuck on the swisher move and the signing of dunn....:rolleyes:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
should teahan,mccarthy be on this team too? :rolleyes:

yeah KW sucks. I mean moving mccarthy for danks and masset, how has the cq trade been? how has the cuban connection been with viciedo and aram? how about sale, thornton? how about santos? but hey i get it, you are still stuck on the swisher move and the signing of dunn....:rolleyes:

Uh... the Teahan/E.Jax trade was nothing special at all.

Moving Danks for McCarthy was a solid move, abiet one done 5-6 years ago. CQ trade? Nothing special, again, the dude can't stay healthy. Viciedo looks solid, Ramierez is hitting waaaay under his potential.

You never actually acknowledge that Swisher for Gio Gonzalez, EJax for Hudson, and signing Peavy, Dunn and Rios were horrible, horrible moves.

Atleast, I have no problem giving KW props when he makes a good move. My problem with the gambler is that he hasn't made a good move in over 3-4 years. Everything since then has been an absolute fail.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you do realize that making the deal for peavy means nothing as far as money right? a nice portion of his contract is insured.

cq nothing special? what did we give up for him? carter was it?

daniel hudson wouldnt survive in the AL, anyone that thinks he would be more than a 4th starter in the AL is delusional.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you do realize that making the deal for peavy means nothing as far as money right? a nice portion of his contract is insured.

cq nothing special? what did we give up for him? carter was it?

daniel hudson wouldnt survive in the AL, anyone that thinks he would be more than a 4th starter in the AL is delusional.

Yes, Peavy is insured. So what? He is wasting a roster spot and the money we spent on him could be used elsewhere, namely the offense. (oh wait, KW addressed the offense in the offseason with Dunn, duh!!) He is also taking up a spot in the rotation (which seems to be no big deal to a lot of people around here, which boggles my mind) and is a locker room Special person. He still thinks he is can pitch like a Cy Young award winner. Meanwhile, the money spent on him, while insured, could still be used on a pitcher that is actually worth a damn.

CQ is nothing special. He had one good run and since then has been a .250 hitter who hits 50% of his HRs in the first 2 months of the season and then tanks.

Hudson could be the #2 pitcher on this team. Name another pitcher on the Sox that is better then him.

And look at this post. I am commenting on your "pros" for KW with my opinion countering you. Yet, you never defend KW's last 3+ years worth of shitty moves that I constantly mention, besides saying the Peavy is insured. Aka, Swisher, Gio Gonzalez, Rios, Dunn.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
The worst move kenny made I think was trading Chris Getz who was going to be really good for mark teahen. That was dumb :facepalm:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The worst move kenny made I think was trading Chris Getz who was going to be really good for mark teahen. That was dumb :facepalm:

I agree, but by getting rid of Getz we noticed how good Beckham is at 2nd. If Getz is here, Beckham is gone.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Beckham could hit the ball, we would forget about Chris Getz. Sadly, our hitting coach is a goon.

Status
Not open for further replies.