Sox To Pursue Granderson?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[h=1]White Sox Expected To Pursue Curtis Granderson[/h] By Steve Adams [October 7 at 10:43am CST]
The White Sox will have a lot of holes to fill this offseason, and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the they're expected to push hard for free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson. The connection makes sense not only based on team needs but because Granderson is an Illinois native who played college ball at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Granderson recently donated a new baseball facility to UIC, and that facility is roughly three miles from U.S. Cellular Field, writes Van Schouwen.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
It's all good, dog.

I'm grateful for your efforts to get the Sox forum a little active. :)

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Here's wishful thinking for you. What if the Sox went after Ellsbury? Damn I wish we had a legit 5-tool player like that. The games would actually be fun to watch again.

Yeah, I know his contract would be ridiculous, but guys like that are fun to watch.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
ellsbury will get PAID!

True, but the Sox can afford it. I already know what Hahn said about adding payroll (basically not gonna happen), but this team could be amazing with Sale and Ellsbury as your core franchise players. I'm such a dreamer...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but the Sox can afford it. I already know what Hahn said about adding payroll (basically not gonna happen), but this team could be amazing with Sale and Ellsbury as your core franchise players. I'm such a dreamer...

the sox lie about everything. with KW still around he is molding Hahn to be a stealth GM

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Rather get Ellsbury than Granderson but the guy I want is Brian McCann

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rather get Ellsbury than Granderson but the guy I want is Brian McCann

I'd like both. Go with Dayan, Jacoby, Avasail in the OF
Seimens/Beckham, Ramirez, Seimens/Beckham, Dunn in the infield
McCann behind the plate
Just need a DH which I would hope could be found in a guy like Justin Mourneau (sp) who can spell Dunn

*also assumes Paulie is retired*

I think that offense gives us a shot.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Salary wise I think we are around $48 million even with our ARB cases. Adding Jacoby say costs $17 million a year for 5. McCann costs say $13 million a year for 4. Mourneau costing $10 a year for 2.

Gives us a payroll of $88 million in 2014 and Dunn comes off the books for 2015 making the payroll around $75 million in 2015 and allows some flexibility in the payroll for both 2014 and 2015 really.