1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm not going to look up extra stuff like I did with the Cubs, but here it is...

B+ is like Rizzo or Jackson on the Cubs... so these are pretty good up top.

1. RHP Nestor Molina B+
2. RHP Addison Reed B+
3. SS Tuler Saldino C+
4. OF Trayce Thompson C+
5. LHP Hector Santiago C+

View the rest here (I'm out of time):
Chicago White Sox Top 20 Prospects for 2012 - Minor League Ball

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the 1st 2, the decline is pretty steep talent-wise.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The guys we got from trading Ozzie, Quentin, Frasor and Santos have added some good arms, nothing outstanding or anything that is going to make our farm system worth a damn, but its better than what we've had.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guys we got from trading Ozzie, Quentin, Frasor and Santos have added some good arms, nothing outstanding or anything that is going to make our farm system worth a damn, but its better than what we've had.

Let Cooper work with them a bit. They could be serviceable. The Sox are desperately in need of some hitting depth in the minors though.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
This is out-dated I think though, came before Quentin and Frasor trades unless it was updated.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think those pitchers are very good, but I think they might be used in a package deal or something. Now that I think about it more, I realize that might be the motive behind the trades.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
mostly because the Soxs don't spend in the draft like they should.

Absolutely right. That's something that needs to be addressed if they want to be a perennial contender in the future. They're lacking in a major part of today's MLB.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Absolutely right. That's something that needs to be addressed if they want to be a perennial contender in the future. They're lacking in a major part of today's MLB.

Well yes that was true in the past. Not anymore the new rules will really help the Soxs. They don't spend but now teams that do spend like the Pirates and Rays cant do it without severe penalty.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

It would be totally fine is Reinsdorf's last name was Steinbrenner and could just throw money at everything, but obviously, that isn't a solution.

And its actually kind of embarrassing, the Sox play in a HUGE market with what I am guessing is good cash flow, why they refuse to spend in drafts and scouting is embarrassing.

The Sox don't even need a top 10esque farm system, although it would be nice, I mean even a middle of the pack farm where if we call someone up to take someone's starting job it wouldn't be a complete failure or said player has a good chance to succeed.

At least the new CBA rules in regards to drafting don't hurt the Sox because its not like they spent anyway.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't need to go all out with spending on the draft, but they definitely need to do more than they have been. You're right, it's embarrassing.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
It would be totally fine is Reinsdorf's last name was Steinbrenner and could just throw money at everything, but obviously, that isn't a solution.

And its actually kind of embarrassing, the Sox play in a HUGE market with what I am guessing is good cash flow, why they refuse to spend in drafts and scouting is embarrassing.

The Sox don't even need a top 10esque farm system, although it would be nice, I mean even a middle of the pack farm where if we call someone up to take someone's starting job it wouldn't be a complete failure or said player has a good chance to succeed.

At least the new CBA rules in regards to drafting don't hurt the Sox because its not like they spent anyway.

Throw 12m dollars at 2 mediocre pitchers like a Chris Capuono and Joe Saunders or Paul Maholm for 1 year deals

or throw 12m dollars at top talent in the draft?? For teams like Pittsburgh that is an easy choice 12m at the draft where you will get much more value for your $$ in the long run.

It is just how you manage your money you don't need deep pockets.

I think this is a huge mistake by baseball it is gonna really hurt the small market clubs. Money spent in the draft is probably the best value in baseball IMO. I think it is unfair there is a cap if a team wants to use more resources and money on the draft they should be allowed to the no rules only hurt baseball.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't exactly say that the Sox are a huge market, because they are competing with a giant fanbase in the Cubs. The Sox struggle to fill the sit, but they shouldn't be struggling as much as the Florida teams or KC.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't exactly say that the Sox are a huge market, because they are competing with a giant fanbase in the Cubs. The Sox struggle to fill the sit, but they shouldn't be struggling as much as the Florida teams or KC.

True, but what they've got in the farm system is arguably bottom 5 in the league. That's unacceptable in Chicago.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but what they've got in the farm system is arguably bottom 5 in the league. That's unacceptable in Chicago.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They aren't a huge market and that's why they shouldn't depend on making big signings of veteran guys. They need to draft and trade well to get good prospects.