'Speedy' DMooney vs 'Turbo' TGabriel

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1 ) Seems to me that Turbo has been replaced. What's your thoughts ?

2) Maybe someone here can help with the STATS but it seems to me that : per target, Mooney had less opposition INTs ( size /height ?? )

3) Looks like anyone besides a 'number 1' type receiver can be replaced .. usually .. ( we need to tag Robinson and it looks like that's where we are heading )

Please discuss

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel was so good for the Bears, I loved what he brought. If Mooney can be that player for the next three years at his salary its a huge win.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
YearTeamRECYDSAVGLNGTD

Turbo 2019CHI2935312.2534

Money2020CHI6163110.3534

Taylor Gabriel was so good for the Bears, I loved what he brought. If Mooney can be that player for the next three years at his salary its a huge win.

I've got great news for u. Mooney is literally twice that player and he only has played one season, while ya boi Gabriel sat out because of what u like to refer to as "the cough."

Thanks

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are going by yards, yeah you are right. Mooney was certainly better, I'd say there is more to gain in 2021... but with Arob, no A rob, do you let mooney try to be the numb 1?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just via my 'eye test' It seemed that Mooney per attempt INTs against were much less than TGabriel.

However, whether this was from Turbo running more routes down the seam might be the reason ?

Need an 'expert' from CCS to engage here

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1 ) Seems to me that Turbo has been replaced. What's your thoughts ?

2) Maybe someone here can help with the STATS but it seems to me that : per target, Mooney had less opposition INTs ( size /height ?? )

3) Looks like anyone besides a 'number 1' type receiver can be replaced .. usually .. ( we need to tag Robinson and it looks like that's where we are heading )

Please discuss

Just because they're both small and fast doesn't mean they're the same.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Why is this a thread? Gabriel had a few nice catches for the Bears and then was non existent the rest of his time here. Mooney came to play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why is this a thread? Gabriel had a few nice catches for the Bears and then was non existent the rest of his time here. Mooney came to play.

He actually had one good season where he had like 60-70 catches cause they were using him a lot with short passes but that was really his only good year.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
YearTeamRECYDSAVGLNGTD

Turbo 2019CHI2935312.2534

Money2020CHI6163110.3534

I've got great news for u. Mooney is literally twice that player and he only has played one season, while ya boi Gabriel sat out because of what u like to refer to as "the cough."

Thanks

Damn...considering the fact that he was a rookie, and how shitty our QB/offense is, those are some pretty impressive numbers, all things considered.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He actually had one good season where he had like 60-70 catches cause they were using him a lot with short passes but that was really his only good year.
67 catches for 688 yards and 2 TDs. It was a decent season but very forgettable. Mooney basically out produced him in his rookie year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Damn...considering the act that he was a rookie, and how shitty our QB/offense is, those are some pretty impressive numbers, all things considered.

I agree. Hopefully he can grow to become as competent as say, a Taylor Gabriel, whomst was gr8 for the bears.

BEARS

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bernard Berrian was a thing once too. lol

oober

Liked Posts:
And to think this was a yr without OTA's, preseason, etc... If Mooney puts another 5 -10 lbs of muscle and we have a QB that can get him the ball, I say the comp would be Steve Smith..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gabriel had iffy hands.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mooney will look amazing when he doesn't have mole eyes or limp dick Nick throwing him the ball.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He was a legitimate nightmare to deal with in 2018. Great in the run game and great in the deep ball game (when the ball was delivered anywhere within a catchable radius...). You put 2018 Taylor Gabriel with a functioning offense and a good quarterback and he would've had unreal production that season. He speed and burst were on point, his route running was perfect, he worked the sideline flawlessly, he was physical, he made all sorts of outstanding catches.

He was off to a monster start in 2019. Guy had a four touchdown performance in week three against the then-Redskins, but then he got hurt and was pretty much scuttled. Now he is basically out of the league. That's how it goes in the NFL.