Spencer Brown, OT

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we took a OT with starting potential, somewhere in the first three rounds I would be happy.

Senior Bowl is a big deal to see if a guy can take NFL coaching, and if he can compete with the best in his class. He apparently did not have a good showing at the Senior Bowl.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we took a OT with starting potential, somewhere in the first three rounds I would be happy.

Senior Bowl is a big deal to see if a guy can take NFL coaching, and if he can compete with the best in his class. He apparently did not have a good showing at the Senior Bowl.
Thanks. I don't know much about the guy other than I have a friend who is from the same area in Iowa so he has been talking about him a bit. Makes sense for him to slide based on him going to UNI/opting out last season. If he falls into the 3rd/4th, could be a good flyer for the Bears although my preference would be a first round OT.

Bears need to stop relying on 7th rounders and UDFA's to anchor the line.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
bro he ran a 3 cone under 7 seconds thats literally insane you have corners/wr that can't do that let alone a Oline player who are typically the worst athletes when it comes to these tests.

Can you imagine him running Santa's Sleigh. This is a dream pick for Nagy. If his vertical was tops and he ran a sub 7 mile I'd trade up to draft this shiny gem.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He apparently got better as the week went on. But honestly I know nothing about him. Just what I read in a few articles today.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Fanside

from the article I found:

I was extremely high on Spencer Brown heading into Senior Bowl week but, unfortunately, the Northern Iowa product did not live up to expectations. The gargantuan tackle looked rusty and sloppy. There are positive athletic traits and a nasty streak that teams will want to work with, but Brown struggled mightily at times throughout the week. During the game, Brown got beat a handful of times when he was caught reaching or failed to redirect and anchor against opposing linemen. Brown was always seen as a prospect, but the Senior Bowl showed that he may be farther away from starting than some thought.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fanside

from the article I found:

I was extremely high on Spencer Brown heading into Senior Bowl week but, unfortunately, the Northern Iowa product did not live up to expectations. The gargantuan tackle looked rusty and sloppy. There are positive athletic traits and a nasty streak that teams will want to work with, but Brown struggled mightily at times throughout the week. During the game, Brown got beat a handful of times when he was caught reaching or failed to redirect and anchor against opposing linemen. Brown was always seen as a prospect, but the Senior Bowl showed that he may be farther away from starting than some thought.

Not saying this is wrong..... I've literally never watched the guy. But Fanside is shit. Anyone have any more reputable takes on him?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
we should be able to get a Tackle at pick52, I got a feeling we'll get Caleb.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Brown with a third round pick, if Bears go WR, QB with their top two picks?