Sports Mockery: Pagano coaching Sunday for his job

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Im not a Sports Mockery guy but Lambert has nailed this. Even if the defense does play well Sunday, Pagano should be gone regardless.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
His job depends on how the season plays out. If they get rocked by Green Bay and the defense looks terrible he’s the perfect guy to lose his job as part of the offseason “changes.” Nagy and Pace are back way more than likely, but they’re sort of still in a spot where somebody has to be somewhat of a fall guy. And he has been questionable so it just makes sense that he gets axed in that situationl

If they win and make the playoffs and look respectable in the playoffs then he’s way more than likely back. Along with everybody else. Like, let’s say they play New Orleans first round and Payton puts clown shoes on Pagano. Then yeah, he’s gone. If they play okay though, but still lose he’s back. If they win the game then the whole crew is back no doubt. At that point the only question mark is A Rob.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They were so underwhelming last season, being 4th in points despite having no help from their offense and Hicks being injured for a qtr of the season.
From 1st in points , Y/P, and TO's in 2018 to 4th, 8th and 22nd in 2019. So yeah he underwhelmed. What don't you understand?

Oh and this season 9th, 8th, and 24th so even worse.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Pagano is dealing with a rash of injuries and one player who sat out this year. I think the opposite has happened, he has proven his worth.

Smith has progressed a ton, the secondary and defensive line has been filled in with replacement players that are playing well above their pay.

It is also well known that Quinn and Mack are playing hurt.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From 1st in points , Y/P, and TO's in 2018 to 4th, 8th and 22nd in 2019. So yeah he underwhelmed. What don't you understand?

Oh and this season 9th, 8th, and 24th so even worse.
Clearly you're the one who doesn't understand.

Being 4th after being 1st isn't underwhelming. Thats still being a top defense, especially in the only stat that truly matters...points. To do that with a bottom offense is really really tough. Defenses typically dont finish1st in points anymore year after year.

This year theyre bad. That wasn't my argument but go ahead and say i dont understand lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dude who was a Trubisky apologist after 40 games thinks being 4th in points on D is underwhelming. The success of this team on one side of the ball for a century has made this fanbase very dumb and it needs to change.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Clearly you're the one who doesn't understand.

Being 4th after being 1st isn't underwhelming. Thats still being a top defense, especially in the only stat that truly matters...points. To do that with a bottom offense is really really tough. Defenses typically dont finish1st in points anymore year after year.

This year theyre bad. That wasn't my argument but go ahead and say i dont understand lol
Anyone arguing that Pagano hasn't been underwhelming in his 2 seasons as the Bears DC clearly lacks understanding.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone arguing that Pagano hasn't been underwhelming in his 2 seasons as the Bears DC clearly lacks understanding.
Weird how you can read multiple posts and still not realize im only talking about last season.

What a moron.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dude who was a Trubisky apologist after 40 games thinks being 4th in points on D is underwhelming. The success of this team on one side of the ball for a century has made this fanbase very dumb and it needs to change.
LOL, You are so thick.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
His job depends on how the season plays out. If they get rocked by Green Bay and the defense looks terrible he’s the perfect guy to lose his job as part of the offseason “changes.” Nagy and Pace are back way more than likely, but they’re sort of still in a spot where somebody has to be somewhat of a fall guy. And he has been questionable so it just makes sense that he gets axed in that situationl

If they win and make the playoffs and look respectable in the playoffs then he’s way more than likely back. Along with everybody else. Like, let’s say they play New Orleans first round and Payton puts clown shoes on Pagano. Then yeah, he’s gone. If they play okay though, but still lose he’s back. If they win the game then the whole crew is back no doubt. At that point the only question mark is A Rob.

If he throws out the same game plan against GB, rushing three against Rodgers, and allowing Adams to be single covered against our slot, someone needs to take his headset before the game is even over.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Our D was pretty stout the first half of the season. I think injuries to our pass rushers have been the main culprit.

But then again, bringing in a young upcoming defensive mind who could possibly succeed Nagy next season is never a bad idea. The more competition for Nagy the better.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I didn't see many games last year, but from what I took away was the defense operated pretty efficiently. I want to say the secondary played well against the pass. the major difference between Fangio and Pagano however is in turnovers, they don't happen very often anymore. I'm a self-professed NOT X's and O's guy so I can't really explain schematically why that is with roughly all the same personnel. so rather than dialing up the pressure and getting in people's faces to force fumbles, they're like a more finesse style defense with Pagano.

2019 they did have a huge array of injuries to deal with. unlike 2018 where they were mostly healthy.

I liked the Lovie Smith philosophy about getting at least 3 turnovers a game. it never really worked against Rodgers, as the Packer fan orphan that lives on our board tries to emphasize about 60 times a day he just doesn't throw interceptions. I don't have a solution for this problem. the Chicago Bears organization isn't reading CCS for tips, you know.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
They actually weren't playing that bad until the green Bay game this season. Ever since then the wheels have fell off. That's also right when Hicks got injured and hasn't been the same since he came back. Also even in that MNF Vikings game cook was basically being shut out until Hicks went out the Vikings offense started moving the ball. Offense was also awful that game and I think had 1 1st down in the 2nd half. They had a couple bad games weeks 10 games into the season against the Falcons and the Lions but since the Green Bay game it's been downhill.

You also can't keep blame off of Pace Robert Quinn was a really bad signing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They actually weren't playing that bad until the green Bay game this season. Ever since then the wheels have fell off. That's also right when Hicks got injured and hasn't been the same since he came back. Also even in that MNF Vikings game cook was basically being shut out until Hicks went out the Vikings offense started moving the ball. Offense was also awful that game and I think had 1 1st down in the 2nd half. They had a couple bad games weeks 10 games into the season against the Falcons and the Lions but since the Green Bay game it's been downhill.

You also can't keep blame off of Pace Robert Quinn was a really bad signing.

Quinn's signing made perfect sense. Problem is, his injury was a giant red flag to avoid if the Raiders dropped out of their pursuit because of it.