Summing up past week for Bears

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Thursday night brought two more Bears’ additions, when outside linebacker Aaron Lynch was added on a one-year deal. Another one-year deal was handed out to bring punter Patrick O’Donnell back.

Bears cap space - Around $32 million according to The Bear Report’s Aaron Leming. (Note: This is not confirmed by the NFL. Also, Spotrac was so far off with their number as they are waiting for official contract terms.)

Bears unrestricted free agents - Dontrelle Inman WR, Kendall Wright WR, Zach Miller TE, Tom Compton OL, Benny Cunningham RB, Mark Sanchez QB, Andrew DePaola LS, Lamarr Houston OLB, John Jenkins NT, Sherrick McManis CB

Bears rumors and roster moves so far:

March 16th - The Bears met with linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis according to Field Yates.
March 16th - The Bears match the Packers offer sheet for Kyle Fuller, so he stays in Chicago long term.
March 16th - Long snapper Andrew DePaola is signed away by the Raiders. He is now the highest paid long snapper in the NFL.
March 16th - Bears to bring back Daniel Brown.
March 16th - The Bears have signed former KC QB Tyler Bray.
March 15th - Pat O’Donnell is back on a 1-year deal. More at WCG here.
March 15th - The Bears have signed OLB/DE Aaron Lynch.
March 15th - Ex Bears OG Josh Sitton signs with the Dolphins per Adam Schefter.
March 14th - Brad Biggs reporting the Bears may be shopping Dion Sims.
March 14th - It’s official. The Bears have five new players!
March 14th - Mitch Unrein signed with the Buccaneers per Rick Stroud.
March 14th - Corner Marcus Cooper has been released.
March 14th - The Mike Glennon release is official.
March 14th - Bears to release Markus Wheaton.
March 14th - Bears are rumored to be after Packers safety Morgan Burnett per the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
March 14th - Rumored Bears target, C/G Zach Fulton is signing with the Texans per Ian Rapoport.
March 14th - The Bears are bringing Sam Acho back, first reported by his brother.
March 14th - Bears will sign QB Chase Daniel per FOX Sports.
March 13th - Bears’ linebacker Christian Jones is set to join the Detroit Lions.
March 13th - Tendered Bears’ cornerback Bryce Callahan is drawing interest from the Vikings, according to Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune.
March 13th - Long rumored Bears’ target Albert Wilson is expected to join the Dolphins, per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

-WindyCityGridiron

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sam Acho was reported back on Thur.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Sam Acho was reported back on Thur.

Yes - it lists that on March 14

"March 14th - The Bears are bringing Sam Acho back, first reported by his brother."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought I saw him in your FA list. :beer:

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Would like to see Inman and Houston back from that group.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see McManis, Cunningham and Callahan back from that group. I'd be fine with a comparable replacement to any tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would like to see Inman and Houston back from that group.

Houston was another body marched out there IMO. Would rather kick the tires on bringing back McPhee at a lower price. He is still producing at a high level when kept at a snap count limit to keep him from being injured. Inman likely doesn't want to be buried on the depth chart. I don't see him re-signing.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Like to see Wright back in the slot with Gabrial and A Rob outside.

I'm also hoping we bring back Mcphee at a lower price into a rotation with several other guys like Lynch

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I can't believe Wright is the best we had last year. This free agency has already seen a massive investment to get Trubisky better targets. Am I expecting a Goff or Wentz like turnaround? No, but Trubisky seems primed for significant improvement.

I'd bring back Inman. He can compete on the outside, and that is important to me as Robinson and Meredith are both coming off of knee injuries. I know that rehabbing these is becoming faster and more routine, but you never know how a guy will bounce back.