Super Hard Mode Mock Draft

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, i think I'd be pretty happy with a draft where the Bears get 5 first round talents in the first 5 picks and 5 Day 2 talents on Day 3.

You guys need to stop using PFF. Their draft boards are bad, and their trades are extremely unrealistic.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
You guys need to stop using PFF. Their draft boards are bad, and their trades are extremely unrealistic.

I don't even know if this is a legit mock. I've played around with the PFF simulator (for giggles), and I've never seen Newsome fall to 52, let alone 83. Perhaps the poster pulled this off by setting randomness to max, and some other setting like 'use evaluations' to zero. If 31 teams are throwing darts at names, then maybe the one live human in the simulation could pull off something like this.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'Fantasy Football'. I mean, if that's what you want, then do this:

pff_mock_results.png

Traded 1,2,3 for 2021, 2021, and 2023 for the #1 overall pick. Love grabbing Jenkins in the 5th, and delighted to get Lawrence his favorite college receiver at the end of the 6th.

If that doesn't have you rolling on the floor laughing, the next one should.

pff_mock_results-2.png

Traded all first, second, and third rounders for 2021-23 to the Jags plus 4ths in 2022-23 for their 1st and 4th. Then traded away future 6 and 7 to grab a few more guys, cause hey, they were there.

Not thrilled that I didn't get a better tackle here, but heck, all of these guys are day 2 players except Forsythe, and of course Phillips, who might be gone by 20, clearly day 1. Guess there was a run on tackles somewhere between picks 1 and 106, oh well. There's always next year's 5th, a top OT might fall there. Only took Cleveland because the sim said we needed an OG, probably could have done better. And I like a day 2 CB as Mr. Irrelevant, great pickup.

Now, can we please collectively put the PFF simulator to bed? It's other major flaw (aside from being unrealistic in many modes) is that it doesn't show you who is left on the board during the draft. In real life, a team watches their board constantly. Let's say they want an OT in round one. They watch the board, and as the OTs get picked, they decide if/when to try and trade up to get their last guy with a first round grade. Can't do that here unless you do it on paper as the mock moves along.

[ Please note that this post is intended for amusement purposes only, and does not reflect any expectation on the author's part that any of this has even a sliver of a remote chance of happening. If you think either of these mock drafts are even somewhat realistic, please seek medical attention immediately. ]

Last edited:

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Guys please take this serious I'm looking for real football discussion

Chris Collinsworth wouldn't sign off on this if it wasn't realistic

mecha

Liked Posts:
that would be a draft for the ages wouldn't it?

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Guys please take this serious I'm looking for real football discussion

So are we. Whether Collinsworth signs off on it or not, it seems to be allowing some really unrealistic scenarios. That's the issue, and what I was making very clear with my mocks. It's not personal at all (at least for me).

Try the PFN draft simulator. Still not perfect, but much closer to accurate, and allows you to track the board and/or a position as the draft unfolds. Three OTs gone before 18 - time to try and trade ahead of Washington to get the next one. Just doesn't let you trade picks from two years out, which the real draft does. Teams aren't allowed to trade picks from three years out and beyond (or maybe three is the limit, but I'm pretty sure it's two).

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Isn't it illegal to drug the other GMs?

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC