Tampering Sunday

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think we DO get one of ARob/Watkins, and then Wilson sounds like a done deal. I also think we'll draft at least one WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Being realistic? People probably won't like this but...

1. Bears lose out on A-Rob sweepstakes to either Baltimore or 49ers. CCS goes full meltdown.
2. Bears sign Zach Fulton as first FA.
3. Bears match Kyle Fuller offer - 4yr/52 million/28 million guaranteed.
4. Bears sign Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson as their WR free agents
5. Bears sign Bashuad Breeland, CB.
6. Bears sign Jeremiah Attaochu and Aaron lynch at OLB.

Little bit different then my mock but that was trying to be optimistic. This would be my prediction. It's not horrible really. Mike Wallace could be a stop gap and I think the Bears would definitely need to go WR early in the draft.

I wouldn't be mad at that at all. I mean it would suck not to get A.Rob or Sammy but there's just better options with other teams that also have plenty of money to spend.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be mad at that at all. I mean it would suck not to get A.Rob or Sammy but there's just better options with teams that also have plenty of money to spend.

Fuck that, it’s A rob or I’ll be ripping my dick off. We didn’t amass 753 posts for no reason.

On a side note Sammy Watkins would be okay as well.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Being realistic? People probably won't like this but...

1. Bears lose out on A-Rob sweepstakes to either Baltimore or 49ers. CCS goes full meltdown.
2. Bears sign Zach Fulton as first FA.
3. Bears match Kyle Fuller offer - 4yr/52 million/28 million guaranteed.
4. Bears sign Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson as their WR free agents
5. Bears sign Bashuad Breeland, CB.
6. Bears sign Jeremiah Attaochu and Aaron lynch at OLB.

Little bit different then my mock but that was trying to be optimistic. This would be my prediction. It's not horrible really. Mike Wallace could be a stop gap and I think the Bears would definitely need to go WR early in the draft.

I hate when people try to pass pessimism off as realism. That shit is lousy.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
We will sign a lot of guys - new and old.

Bears currently have the lowest amount of players under contract in the league. I believe it’s 45. They need to sign a boat load.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hate when people try to pass pessimism off as realism. That shit is lousy.

How is that lousy? Have you looked at the list of free agents this year? There isn't many big names out there to get at all.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or they just weren’t interested in Landry at all

You don't get it. At that point its about who is the best player available for TRADE. Not free agents.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
A Rob
Albert Wilson
Jimmy Graham
Dontari Poe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Luke

Liked Posts:
Its like Christmas eve and we're all dreaming of getting that Red Ryder BB gun but instead we end up getting the pink nightmare pajama's from the senile aunt.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is that lousy? Have you looked at the list of free agents this year? There isn't many big names out there to get at all.

Its the average troll response. Just like the stupid argument against Pace's previous free agent classes. Its easy to say they missed on getting the top free agents but once you get past those guys there is a bunch of meh available. Usually none of them are great or cheap. Much harder to then say who the alternatives are or were.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

Its lousy because of the amount of money they have, the market size and lifestyle of Chicago, and the need they have at WR and to only come away with Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson.

Wallace is pointless, they might as well keep Wheaton and see if he has better chemistry with this coaching staff if you just want a guy to stretch the field.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I would be happy with Albert Wilson, Trey Burton, Zach Fulton, and Taylor Gabriel.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Its lousy because of the amount of money they have, the market size and lifestyle of Chicago, and the need they have at WR and to only come away with Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson.

Wallace is pointless, they might as well keep Wheaton and see if he has better chemistry with this coaching staff if you just want a guy to stretch the field.

I was talking about the whole list not just which WR's we came away with and i don't think getting all the players on that list would be lousy. I'd actually rather it be P.Richardson and A.Wilson over M.Wallace and Wilson, of course this is if we can't get one of Sammy/A.Rob. They are the only two #1 WR's in free agency and some wouldn't even call Sammy a #1 so for the Bears to get one of those two will be very tough with all the other teams that will be bidding on them.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I was talking about the whole list not just which WR's we came away with and i don't think getting all the players on that list would be lousy. I'd actually rather it be P.Richardson and A.Wilson over M.Wallace and Wilson, of course this is if we can't get one of Sammy/A.Rob. They are the only two #1 WR's in free agency and some wouldn't even call Sammy a #1 so for the Bears to get one of those two will be very tough with all the other teams that will be bidding on them.

It will be tough as I’m sure it always is but don’t go making preemptive excuses for Pace. He is in a huge market and unlike Cali or NYC the Bears are the only show in town. The ONLY acceptable reason for him to miss on both targets is if another team pays them a ridiculous amount. That means $17-$18M average per year or $50M guaranteed.

I don’t want Richardson either but some of the other predictions were ok like Aaron Colvin

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It will be tough as I’m sure it always is but don’t go making preemptive excuses for Pace. He is in a huge market and unlike Cali or NYC the Bears are the only show in town. The ONLY acceptable reason for him to miss on both targets is if another team pays them a ridiculous amount. That means $17-$18M average per year or $50M guaranteed.

I don’t want Richardson either but some of the other predictions were ok like Aaron Colvin

So players won't choose a team cause of the weather or where they or their family want to live or because they have friends on the team or because they like where the team is going or the state taxes or whatever other reasons?? Come on now. Why is it making excuses when it's the truth? I would love for someone to actually answer that question please??

There's 2....just two top WR's on the market in Sammy and A.Rob....just 2 and people seem to think that if the Bears don't get one then R.Pace sucks. So does that mean that every GM that doesn't get the player they bid on with multiple other teams suck or is it just R.Pace??

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
We will sign a lot of guys - new and old.

Bears currently have the lowest amount of players under contract in the league. I believe it’s 45. They need to sign a boat load.
90 man roster for OTAs. 7 draft picks, probably 12-14 UDFAs. They'll probably sign over 20 players, including re-signs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Nogento has stated that Pace will sign all of the Lions garbage. The Remy 2.0 of the Bears forum #calledithe'sneverwrong.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ravens aren't getting much in free agency. They don't have much cap room, correct?